InControl - Australian HSE ?

All Discovery Sport related discussions
vaise

InControl - Australian HSE ?

Post by vaise » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:20 pm

This may seem like a silly question to you guys in the UK. All this remote control stuff you seem to have by default (or a basic version of it anyway if not premium). I thought when I did not have the sim slot in the boot that we never got it in Australia spec cars - but just reading more posts and that sim slot is for the wifi stuff - and that you get incontrol with a hidden sim somewhere in the car. I cant seem to find any info on how to check if I have it. Can someone give a bit more info on it ? And assume I know nothing of it. Thanks heaps. Further to this - I did register my email, and when I add car, and enter my VIN, it says vehicle not found. It says Incontrol services may not be installed. Has that answered my own question ?
My17 Black Discovery Sport HSE 150. Cirrus leather. BSM/Rear traffic alert. Australian Spec. Built Feb 2017. Delivered May 1st.

simon

Re: InControl - Australian HSE ?

Post by simon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:39 pm

InControl Protect is the standard level of subscription that comes with all DS's in the UK and some other countries. This is active for the life of the warranty and can be extended with a warranty extension after this. I would guess that if you are not able to register then maybe its not available in Australia?

Maybe one of our forum friends over your way knows for sure?

Have you asked your dealer ?

You can register on TOPIx for free and see everything that was built in your DS > https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topi ... lookupForm
17MY D5 HSE in Farallon Black 8-)

Traded in - 17MY HSE Lux Corris Grey with Black Design Pack

Rejected - 16MY HSE Lux with Black Design Pack (B-Pillar & Build Quality Issues)

All supplied by the very excellent Shukers of Ludlow

vaise

Post by vaise » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:35 am

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Nothing back from the dealer on this. I have the topix printout since I was waiting for the car - but I can see no mention of incontrol stuff on the list. This is a Feb 2017 build. Ta.
My17 Black Discovery Sport HSE 150. Cirrus leather. BSM/Rear traffic alert. Australian Spec. Built Feb 2017. Delivered May 1st.

vaise

Post by vaise » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:42 am

I also emailed Landrover Australia - they also have not got back to me with the answer to this after a week.
For you guys that have it - was it simply a process of creating your profile, then adding your vehicle VIN and you were done ?
Im thinking of visiting the dealer in person, but i want to be armed with exactly what to say.

vaise

Post by vaise » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:26 am

I just watched the setup video on youtube - I do not have that button in the car to activate the incontrol remote - so i guess we dont have this on Aus spec cars.... bummer.

Wing Nut

Post by Wing Nut » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:07 pm

The TOPIx vehicle summary for our Australian MY17 DS from late 2016 doesn't mention InControl anywhere on the list - not in the included features, nor in the missing ones.

However, in the 'not fitted' list there are items that I reckon are components of the (missing) InControl system, such as WiFi connectivity, Telematics/Multimedia, Stolen Vehicle, Cellphone Interface System (although we do have Bluetooth cellphone connectivity), E Capability(?) and a couple of other 'maybes'.

Aaron_OZ

Post by Aaron_OZ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:02 am

i do have wifi hot spot on the TOPIX vehicle summary for Australian MY16.5 DS SD4 HSE but nowhere that I can find the sim card slot.

vaise

Post by vaise » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:12 am

From my research on this forum, the wifi hotspot and the incontrol protect and separate things. the sim card is buried somewhere in the car for the standard incontrol protect. The stolen vehical thing is also an additional option and not the standard (at least in Europe/USA) incontrol protect. The wifi hotspot sim card slot is in the boot under the cover with the fuses as i understand it.

Mamil

Post by Mamil » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:34 am

According to the latest Oz brochure, InControl Secure and Wifi hotspot are available, the latter being a feature of InControl Connect. There's no mention of the customer assistance call facility. However the brochure does mention other features which I know aren't available in Oz so I wouldn't trust it. The Oz Specs document doesn't mention any of them, but does have InControl Apps as an option.

I know for a fact that my car, which is a 2016.5 build, doesn't have any of them as I don't have the SIM card!

Did you specify the optional InControl Apps when you ordered the car?
SE TD4, MY 2016.5, 110kw/150bhp 2.2 PSA Engine, Fuji White/Ebony, Oz towbar, xenon pack. Delivered 25th June 2016, Perth Western Australia.

vaise

Post by vaise » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 am

I know that in control apps is not related to incontrol protect (which is standard on UK/USA (and others in europe) models.

The Aus brochure I was given was useless as it was a euro spec brochure. Just look at the standard options on the models and you can see they dont alighn with what we get here in Aus. Our HSE is a mixture of the specs from the UK's HSE Lux and tech.

The sim card that provides incontrol protect cant be found on the car as it is hidden somewhere according to others here.

Secure and wifi hotspot are options in all markets, but incontrol protect seems to be standard on UK/USA and other countriesl cars - just not in Aus as far as i can tell.

On Topix, I have 'LESS telematics/multimedia'. It would be interesting to see if the cars that all have incontrol protect (UK/USA etc) do not have LESS for that line. Maybe that bit controls incontrol protect.

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”