Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Post Reply
A2Z
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

Post by A2Z » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:22 pm

I am looking for a firedistinguisher and found the original rediculous expensive:
http://gear.landrover.com/be/nl/discove ... isher-1kg/
240 EURO

learnt it was the Gloria 1KG powder version that they supply plus 200 EUR profit...

http://www.safelincs.co.uk/1kg-powder-f ... oria-p1gm/
33GBP = 39 EURO.

Quite over the top as I found on other car brands these kind of accessories are only marginally more expensive :(

Chippy
Posts: 6167
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Location: Southern Germany

Re: Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

Post by Chippy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Unbelievable. LR should be reported for such exorbitant pricing policies.

I bought a couple of exactly the same ones at our local DIY market for about €25 each just last year.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

Barnsh
Posts: 7158
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

Post by Barnsh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Same with car seat covers inka is the same

Same with tyre compressor
Ring is the manufacturer

Same for tyre guage again ring:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RTG6-Digi ... tyre+gauge

All available on Amazon at a 1/2 of the price

I have a spare tyre but also got the compressor and guage as it saves a trip to the garage and fits in the compartment in the boot too.

Just a rebranded rip off. Imo
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

User avatar
Mike_l
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

Post by Mike_l » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 pm
Same with car seat covers inka is the same

Same with tyre compressor
Ring is the manufacturer

Same for tyre gauge again ring:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RTG6-Digi ... tyre+gauge

All available on Amazon at a 1/2 of the price

I have a spare tyre but also got the compressor and guage as it saves a trip to the garage and fits in the compartment in the boot too.

Just a rebranded rip off. Imo
And the battery charger/ conditioner is 1/3 the price on Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-MXS-5-0-T ... B00FC42HAA

I have one & it's very good - but LR only added a badge for £130
Curiously LR actually charges LESS for the battery charger/ conditioner or extinguisher if you buy them with an Evoque, £171 & £112 respectively.
MY2017 HSE Delivered June 17 - Silicon Silver , Black contrast Roof, Reduced size Spare wheel, Heated Steering Wheel

Barnsh
Posts: 7158
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

Post by Barnsh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:51 pm

Mike_l wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 pm
Barnsh wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 pm
Same with car seat covers inka is the same

Same with tyre compressor
Ring is the manufacturer

Same for tyre gauge again ring:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RTG6-Digi ... tyre+gauge

All available on Amazon at a 1/2 of the price

I have a spare tyre but also got the compressor and guage as it saves a trip to the garage and fits in the compartment in the boot too.

Just a rebranded rip off. Imo
And the battery charger/ conditioner is 1/3 the price on Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-MXS-5-0-T ... B00FC42HAA

I have one & it's very good - but LR only added a badge for £130
Curiously LR actually charges LESS for the battery charger/ conditioner or extinguisher if you buy them with an Evoque, £171 & £112 respectively.
Do they think we are daft enough to buy theirs?
I could understand a small increase for badging but it's lunacy pricing.
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Chippy
Posts: 6167
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Location: Southern Germany

Re: Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

Post by Chippy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:57 pm

You can bet your life there are enough daft customers out there otherwise they wouldn't go to the expense of marketing the accessories.

Incidentally what is a fire DIStinguisher ;)
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

Barnsh
Posts: 7158
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

Post by Barnsh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 pm

http://www.boldomatic.com/view/post/JRaQLw

It desides if it's a fire looking at google
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Chippy
Posts: 6167
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Location: Southern Germany

Re: Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

Post by Chippy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 pm
http://www.boldomatic.com/view/post/JRaQLw

It desides if it's a fire looking at google
Ah I see. Time I spent a couple of weeks in the U.K. :D

Oh I see Boldomatic is a Swiss setup.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

orangeharvest
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:25 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

Re: Firedistinguisher & how LR overpriced it..

Post by orangeharvest » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Well spotted, does anyone know what type of fixings these come with and how easy it is to secure? I assume it goes in the recess on the right hand side in the boot?
Discovery Sport HSE Luxury MY17. Carpathian Grey, Entertainment Pack, Driver Assistance Pack, Privacy Glass, Ebony Headlining, Incontrol Pro.

Post Reply