Has anyone else got a burning smell/carbon monoxide coming into the cab of their discovery sport

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Torque Sport

Re: Has anyone else got a burning smell/carbon monoxide coming into the cab of their discovery sport

Post by Torque Sport » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:15 pm

As far as I know the parts cover a 12 month warranty themselves, it sure if the repair is included in that.
So I’d be advising them that the repair and parts are covered under warranty and that you feel exhaust fumes are entering the cabin.

meltonblue

Re: Has anyone else got a burning smell/carbon monoxide coming into the cab of their discovery sport

Post by meltonblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Great, thanks. I thought that should be the case! Bit worrying it seems to be having electrical faults as well at the same time and immediately once it''s out of warranty!

Past master

Post by Past master » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:28 pm

Check up on that. I have a feeling that parts replaced under warranty are only covered by the original warranty, as opposed to parts you pay for, which have their own twelve month warranty.
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black
Now replaced with MY19 D180 Evoque S (new shape)

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Replacement parts come with a 12 month warranty, even after the vehicle warranty has expired, as does the work carried out by the dealer. The difficulty that you will have proving if the same parts fail within that period is that a) the part was faulty to begin with and b) the dealer carried out the process to TOPIx instruction, as they are hardly going to admit it if they bodged it.

As an example, a friend of mine has just had a rear diff fail twice inside 9 months....the first repair cost her nearly £2k at a main dealers, and she is having to go through the motions again. Her argument is that the replacement part was either faulty as well, or not installed correctly by dealer technicians. Vehicle is now 5 months outside of manufacturer Warranty, yet repair and part should be covered by additional job warranty for another 4 months. Dealer digging heels in, CRC involved, Credit Card company notified. One way or the other she will get the repair done again or be fully reimbursed under Sec. 75

Dealer has not covered themselves in glory over the way that it's been handled from start to finish. (Barnsh will instinctively know who the dealer in question is!) :twisted:
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

meltonblue

Post by meltonblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:43 pm

It's certainly a hassle I could do without and I am concerned how expensive this could end up being. It's a real shame, when its working, my wife and I love the car. It was in for numerous issues during the warranty period too (the entertainment unit was replaced twice), I do worry about how much it's going to cost me post warranty if it keeps getting these niggling issues.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:38 am

Personally I wouldn't consider owning or running one of these vehicles past its factory warranty. It is simply too much of an unknown risk. I note that the Land Rover Extended Warranty has a weasel clause in it that excludes it's obvious Achilles Heel, therefore is frankly not worth the paper that it's written on.

Either trade out of it, or take a 3rd party comprehensive Warranty out if you plan on keeping it, but make SURE that ALL the SCRF and ALL the drivetrain components are covered, otherwise you are wasting your time.
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

VeryDiscoSport

Post by VeryDiscoSport » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Engine fumes are extremely dangerous because they contain NOx and carbon monoxide, amongst other poisonous compounds. There is now a notice for this: N270, published December 2018. See viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10005
PGMBM JLR Diesel Fraud Claim
2017 DS L-550 2.0 SE Tech 150 6 SPD (Rejected per CRA 2015) :(
Protect Free Speech

spikkyboy

Post by spikkyboy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi all. Not logged in here for ages and no longer have our car. Just like to add that ours was discovered to be a missed seal or gasket at the factory. Exhaust to dpf box so every 1500 miles when there was a burn off cycle we got it all in the cat. Yes very poisonous. We got 2000 pounds from jlr finance. Good luck to you all that still have problems.

Paul41

Post by Paul41 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Hey spikkyboy what did you replace your DS with? I’m looking around myself at the moment.
HSE MY17 Corris/black roof/privacy glass/HUD/blind spot monitor-reverse traffic detect/surround cameras/wade sensing/ACC/ towbar/full size spare/Adaptive dynamics/Entertainment pack/incontrol pro/Mem seats/ATPC/Heated steering wheel/service pack/Gtechniq

spikkyboy

Post by spikkyboy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:52 pm

The ds was 65 and swapped it in for a 2017 kuga 4x4 sport black. Very nice and got us to Gatwick at 3am in 7 inches of snow.