Folding wing mirrors

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Chippy

Re: Folding wing mirrors

Post by Chippy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Yes, maybe the dealer can change something but not really an option since you’d need to visit him twice a year :(
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

scratch113

Post by scratch113 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:06 pm

When I picked my car up (admittedly some 18 months ago, so maybe the menu options have been updated since then), but I noticed that the mirrors didn't fold when the dealer demonstrated the touch locking and unlocking. When I asked about it, he opened the driver's door, pressed both left and right mirror buttons which folded the mirrors then closed the door and locked it. They then unfold when you unlock and fold when you lock again and have done ever since.

Sadly there's no customer option to stop this function. Without going looking on the forum, there was a discussion previously about preventing them from folding on locking for those that tow caravans and have the extended mirrors - there's a risk that with some designs, the clamp that holds the mirror on could come into contact with the door, which could potentially damage the door. Sadly this is a return to dealer in order to get them to change the settings, it isn't something you can do yourself.

Hope that helps!
Now own: MY16 DS HSE Lux, Loire Blue, Ivory leather, Adaptive xenons, detachable tow bar, service pack
Previous: 2008 Audi A5 coupe 3.0TDi Sport quattro, Superchips remap to 295bhp/580Nm, Milltek exhaust, lots of toys.

PedroT

Post by PedroT » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 am

Presumably no damage will be done when mirrors repeatedly jam on trying to unfold, when frozen!
MY16 SE Plus Pano Roof Rev camera removable tow bar. Prev. Kia Sportage

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:52 am

PedroT wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 am
Presumably no damage will be done when mirrors repeatedly jam on trying to unfold, when frozen!
I wouldn’t want to bet on it. If there’s a motor struggling to do its job but continually being blocked then something is surely going to happen.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:57 pm

On my previous DS in hard ice frost over night sometimes only one side went out on opening To reset them close them manually (two buttons) then open manually, they both then open outwards ok . You can get away with it but not sure how many times before it breaks.

It's the same procedure as if you'd clipped one on a post or something when driving forwards , they do have some mechanism in them to protect the motor. I've no idea how many times it would sustain this type of problem though.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Nickwill

Post by Nickwill » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:58 pm

mattrix299 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:17 pm
I don't get my car for another ten days (at least!), but I have a question for all you lucky guys out there who've already collected.

Regarding the folding wing mirrors. Can you change the setting so that they fold automatically when you lock the car, and unfold when you unlock?

This facility was available on all my previous BMWs and it was easily set from the car's menu. However, reading the DS manual online it looks as though in order to link the fold/unfold to locking/unlocking you have to get the dealer to make the adjustment for you. That seems absurd, surely it should be a simple menu option?

Has anyone come across this? And can you offer any advice?
Also, if you press the left & right mirror adjust buttons at the same time you can fold them while driving along, handy on narrow Cornish lanes.

👍👍
MY18 HSE 180 auto, Firenze Red, 12 way seats, adaptive lights, leccy towbar, surround camera, full size spare, traffic sign recognition, black lettering.

discojoy

Post by discojoy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:23 pm

How far does the mirrors fold when it’s folding? Mine does only half way (looks like)

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Yup, sounds about right - difficult to tell when locked (folded) from some angles too.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”