Boot dimensions as apposed to litres

All Discovery Sport related discussions
pmdc199

Boot dimensions as apposed to litres

Post by pmdc199 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:50 pm

I wonder if anyone can help please. I play the drums and need to know the size and height of boot please.

Has anyone got the width of the boot. The length from boot door to main back seats and the highest height in boot please. Pics would be perfect :)

Assuming second row fully pushed back and third row flat.

Any help massively appreciated.

ADI

Re: Boot dimensions as apposed to litres

Post by ADI » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Roughly in old money work on
30 inches deep
40 inches wide
28 inches high

r

Andrew
2016 RR Vogue SDV8
Gone HSE Auto Waitomo Grey Almond 20" 511 Adaptive Privacy Flaps Spare Wheel extra USB
Ordered 09-01-2016 Built 02-02-2016 Collected 01-03-2016
Guy Salmon Sheffield

pmdc199

Post by pmdc199 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Thank you

D1sc0

Post by D1sc0 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:26 pm

With the second row down I measured 170cm long, 110cm wide and 82cm high at the boot, this gets smaller as the 2nd row do not fold flat. All approx. of course .
16.5 HSE TD4 180 Auto, Corris Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, InControl Connect pack and Service Plan.
Ordered 22 Jan 2016. Delivered 12 March 2016 from Beadles Sidcup.

pmdc199

Post by pmdc199 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:43 pm

Thanks.

GolfIsAWalkEnhanced

Re: Boot dimensions in various

Post by GolfIsAWalkEnhanced » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:56 pm

I'm interested in finding the covered dimensions of the boot. I was attracted to the discovery sport because it advertised a massive 981 litres. When I went to look at it, I find it is no where near that, and the sales rep has no idea. He had only just started work there, and I wasn't in the best mood having had to wait 20 minutes while they finished a staff meeting.
The reason I'm looking is to replace a Volvo XC60 which is used to regularly carry a full set of golf clubs and gear including electric trolley and battery. Fairly often I would carry two such sets, and be away overnight - so they need to be under cover for insurance purposes. That was easy in my old skoda Octavia 590 litres but difficult in an SUV of similar external dimensions. The XC60 claims 660 but isn't as big as the Octavia.

Looking further, nearly all the car magazines and web sites quote that 981 figure for the Discovery Sport, apart from Autoexpress, which says "With the rearmost seats stowed the boot boasts a massive 981-litre capacity – although this figure is measured to the roofline rather than under the load cover."

No where can I find the size of the boot with the cover over it, and 4 adults sitting normally.

The seating arrangement (5 seat model) that I saw when I went to see the disco had options of
1. Back seats leant so far it was almost painful to sit in them, but this actually appears to be the only way to fully cover the boot.
2. Back seats upright but with a slight gap between the tonneau cover and the back of the seat.
3. Seats slid forward so that only young children can use them, which gives a slightly bigger boot but risks being uninsured because all of your items in the boot can now be seen through the side window.

The sizes I'm trying to find are 1 and 2. Can anyone help? I'll take litres, inches, centimetres... bearing in mind that it isn't a rectangular box and does have a bit of a hollow behind the right wheel arch into which I'm hoping the clubs will fit. Next time I'll take the golf gear, but with the weather so bad and the course closed for a month I had taken them out!

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:09 pm

Not having a DS any more I can’t give you any dimensions but do know that I could just about fit my clubs under the cover albeit not in a full size bag. To fit an electric trolley and battery I would have had to put one of the backrests down.

Here’s a photo of the relevant page from the German catalogue which may help you. I can’t download the English version without putting in my private details which I’m not prepared to do.

C97935D6-9580-487E-9D1F-EDDC5034776A.png

Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Best to try it out , I had an old xc60 (2010) The DS boot is smaller .

From Autocar

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/la ... diesel-hse

However, bear in mind that figure is Land Rover's own assessment and they measure up to the roofline. Most other manufacturers measure up to the tonneau cover, in which case the capacity is around 500 litres. “

Plus on FPace folks have made up a cover to fit between the gap of parcel shelf and back of seats when forward which is attached by Velcro, this works well.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”