UPDATE ON B PILLAR RATTLE

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
pcheaven

Re: UPDATE ON B PILLAR RATTLE

Post by pcheaven » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:26 pm

HSE_LUX wrote:
weh_aye_man wrote:Are new DS's still leaving the factory with the potential for this or has it been addressed in production?
It's only the 2015's in the VIN Range of 501001-550001 Manufactured in Halewood; Not all have the problem and they have already corrected the issue.
I am in this range - just, and dont have the rattle :)

I guess not all cars were impacted
Silver 2020 D240 R Dynamic HSE - Brilliant car with the terrible ( IMHO ) premium LED lights

All with great headlights:

3 Other Discovery Sports
I Pace First Edition
Velar R Dynamic HSE
Discovery 5 HSE Lux

athlon.fr

Post by athlon.fr » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Hello
Mine was recent BUT affected. Fixed by the garage.

dshseus

Post by dshseus » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:55 pm

earthmover wrote:Guys, can anyone post here a good description of how the noise is, or even "record" it share here?

This probably was explained somewhere here in the forum, but I could not find anything.

Thanks!
Here is the ticking rattle sound I recorded over two months ago. The background road noise is loud, but you can identify the "ticking" noise easily.
b-pillar-ticking.mp3.zip
(235.36 KiB) Downloaded 1434 times
* The forum gave me an error for direct mp3 attachment, so you will need to unzip the file *

Hope this helps.

Hillwalker

Post by Hillwalker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:47 pm

That would drive me nuts!
SE Tech, 150, Ingenium, Firenze Red, Ebony interior, Privacy Glass, Service Pack. Rear View Camera, Spare Wheel.
Replaced with MY20 Evoque R-Dynamic D180 S White

PaulTheWall

Post by PaulTheWall » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:34 pm

I think JLR knew of this problem quite early on as my DS has welds on the B pillars but it has never been in for the fix so must have been done at the factory
NOW SOLD ,DSHSE Auto,Barolo Black,Black pack,Bonnet Vents,225 BHP,22inch 265/35/22 wheels,Ebony/Ebony interior,Memory seats,Meridian sound system,DualViewTV ,Privacy glass,Black roof bars,Service pack,Ceramic coating,Delivered 17/04/15

earthmover

Post by earthmover » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:11 pm

dshseus wrote:
earthmover wrote:Guys, can anyone post here a good description of how the noise is, or even "record" it share here?

This probably was explained somewhere here in the forum, but I could not find anything.

Thanks!
Here is the ticking rattle sound I recorded over two months ago. The background road noise is loud, but you can identify the "ticking" noise easily.
b-pillar-ticking.mp3.zip
* The forum gave me an error for direct mp3 attachment, so you will need to unzip the file *

Hope this helps.
Much appreciated! it is really maddening -- luckily the occasional creak I hear on mine is not even close to the B-pillar rattle
HSE Auto TD4 2.0 Auto, Scotia Gray, Almond leather, park assist

TeoFabi

Post by TeoFabi » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:40 am

Thank you to Benjs for taking the time to record and post the noise. I've now provided your video and your solution to my dealership here in the United States. This is all news to them. I share the same noise that you were fighting and after four visits to my dealership they were still searching for an answer. I'm now waiting for them to respond to the information that I provided due to your hard work. Thank you for sharing.

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:30 pm

dshseus wrote:

Thanks!
b-pillar-ticking.mp3.zip

Hope this helps.
Reminds me of someone using one of those old fashioned Telegram machines.
2015 - HSE, SD4, Manual, Santorini Black, Black Pack 20" Wheel Option, Adaptive Xenon, Climate Seats, Fixed Side Steps, and the best option, 3rd Row USB so my granddaughter can keep her ipad on, no more are we there yet.

sweetpeaamanda

Post by sweetpeaamanda » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:51 pm

We Were lucky enough to have are car rejected because of the above fault.
It amazes me that there is over 50,000 cars with this fault. It also amazes me of all the people that say mine hasnt got the rattle!
However your car has the fault!!!!
Have you ever wondered what will happen if your car is in an accident!
Have you ever wondered what will happen if your car ends up on its roof?
The vehicle exterminator that rejected are car was appalled when I turned around on a verge off road and the whole car twisted and moved!
The fact is all your cars need a repair on safety grounds and it amazes me why Land Rover haven't recalled them all before somebody is hurt!
I wish everyone with the best of Luck as Land Rovers Dealers along with Land Rover are useless!

82TLT

Post by 82TLT » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:59 pm

My thoughts entirely
82TLT
2018 Discovery V HSE SD4 Corris Grey with Ebony leather