At Last l Have My Tow Bar with pics

All Discovery Sport related discussions
merctony

At Last l Have My Tow Bar with pics

Post by merctony » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Well yesterday was the day, at 9 am the DS was taken to local dealer where they fitted my tow bar with new rear apron and 13 pin electrics. They gave me the original silver apron back incase l sell car and decide to keep tow bar. On completion the rear reversing beepers stopped working, so back in to be programmed again.
Right my DS comes with spare wheel fitted under, but when the guy programmed the car with this, beepers did not work, in the end they had to program the car saying it had inflation kit instead and now it all works fine. Total cost for rear apron, fixed height tow bar and electrics £748.80
regards
tony
one.jpg
two.jpg
three.jpg

Chippy

Re: At Last l Have My Tow Bar with pics

Post by Chippy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Bet you're glad that it's finally done.

Is that about the going price for you guys in the UK?

Is that some unprotected cabling I see just in from of the sealing grommet?
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

philn

Post by philn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Well done Merctony, you got it cheap I paid about £1100. I think that the fixed tow bar with apron looks really good goes well with the black pack or in my case the black roof.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

petefree

Post by petefree » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:30 pm

We had ours fitted post delivery in April. We have the skinny spare. The cost was around £750. Completed by supplying dealer in Droitwich. It was ordered at time of vehicle order but there was apparently an issue with supply of the electric kit. Works well. Didn't have the reverse beeper issue. DS tows the caravan even better than the previous Freelander. More economical too.
Freelander 2 GS manual Impanema Sand 2012 ..gone
Discovery Sport SE Tech auto Indus Silver
Listers Droitwich...gone
Discovery Sport SE Tech 2.0 auto 2018 model year
Listers Droitwich

merctony

Post by merctony » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:46 pm

petefree wrote:We had ours fitted post delivery in April. We have the skinny spare. The cost was around £750. Completed by supplying dealer in Droitwich. It was ordered at time of vehicle order but there was apparently an issue with supply of the electric kit. Works well. Didn't have the reverse beeper issue. DS tows the caravan even better than the previous Freelander. More economical too.
Had mine done at Droitwich too

merctony

Post by merctony » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:46 pm

petefree wrote:We had ours fitted post delivery in April. We have the skinny spare. The cost was around £750. Completed by supplying dealer in Droitwich. It was ordered at time of vehicle order but there was apparently an issue with supply of the electric kit. Works well. Didn't have the reverse beeper issue. DS tows the caravan even better than the previous Freelander. More economical too.
Had mine done at Droitwich too

ozsport

Post by ozsport » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:43 am

merctony wrote:Well yesterday was the day, at 9 am the DS was taken to local dealer where they fitted my tow bar with new rear apron and 13 pin electrics. They gave me the original silver apron back incase l sell car and decide to keep tow bar. On completion the rear reversing beepers stopped working, so back in to be programmed again.
Right my DS comes with spare wheel fitted under, but when the guy programmed the car with this, beepers did not work, in the end they had to program the car saying it had inflation kit instead and now it all works fine. Total cost for rear apron, fixed height tow bar and electrics £748.80
regards
tony
This was the problem with mine as well but the reverse camera overlay still does not work. Does this work on yours? If so I might tell my dealer to reprogramme it again with the inflation kit settings! They've been trying to fix it for weeks.
02/15 SD4 HSE Scotia Grey / Ebony, auto, panoramic roof, 7 seats, tow pack, Barmeca sills, tinting, side steps

merctony

Post by merctony » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:09 am

[/quote]
This was the problem with mine as well but the reverse camera overlay still does not work. Does this work on yours? If so I might tell my dealer to reprogramme it again with the inflation kit settings! They've been trying to fix it for weeks.[/quote]

Yes everything works fine now, may be worth you popping back and getting dealer to reset and saying car has inflation kit instead of spare.
tony

nigel52

Post by nigel52 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Does this mean one can now have a full size spare, tow bar and five seats only?

wardie

Post by wardie » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Does anyone have any pics of the detachable Towbar fitted with the spare wheel (7 seat) option? I need an occasional Towbar for bike rack only, and contemplating need for a spare wheel (re. other threads).
I checked with dealer and these are the correct pictures but they show it with the Towbar on. I was wondering what they look like with tow bar off eg is there a blanking plate etc?
Without spare wheel http://accessories.landrover.com/gl/en/ ... heel-star/
With spare wheel http://accessories.landrover.com/gl/en/ ... heel-star/
Gone: MY16 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Corris grey, ebony leather, 19" style 902, detachable tow bar, silver roof rails, memory seats, InControl plus & secure, traffic sign recognition, HomeLink, USBs passenger shelf & 2nd row, service plan