P300e home charger

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Brianthemodeller

P300e home charger

Post by Brianthemodeller » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:04 am

Morning all!

I have a P300e on order and was wondering if those who already have theirs could give some recommendations for a home charger?

I have search t’interweb and identified a couple that look interesting but was interested what others were using.

Ideally would allow off- peak charging, be ‘lockable’ and have a fixed lead (plus any other features that may be helpful!)

Thanks in advance
Brian
MY19 DS eD4 HSE now sold
MY22 DS R-Dynamic SE P300e on order

ChaddieUK

Re: P300e home charger

Post by ChaddieUK » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:41 am

Hi

I went for the bp Pulse / Chargemaster option - and a deal with OVO Energy includes the bp Pulse subscription for two years - worth about £190. Some free or discounted charging at bp Pulse and Polar charge points has the country's largest network.

The jury is still out on if it's a good deal...bp Pulse took a while to get installed and some chasing. :roll: The OVO switch was ok, but they haven't managed to sort out the smart meter yet. Their rates were one of the lowest, but not sure there is an overnight saving. Oddly enough, that's OK because it means I'm not restricted to charging overnight only.

I also bought the 13amp 'snail charging' unit separately - it was over £400, so I would recommend including this in the car purchase as an added option saving £100.

Good luck, great car, and when the EV is running, it put a smile on my face. :D
MY21 DS R-Dynamic HSE P300e Portofino Blue; 20" Satin Dk Gray wheels; Matrix LED h/lights; Privacy glass; 14-way h’ted and cooled massage seats; Natural Shadow Oak trim; H’ted elec adj s/wheel; HUD; PM2.5 filter; Det tow bar; Adv tow assist; etc.

MarkAB

Post by MarkAB » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:08 pm

The other Land Rover recommended supplier is Pod Point, a friend has had one of these for some time to charge his BMW i3, he says it is robust and seems happy with it.

I intend to get a tethered unit once I get a firm delivery date (don't want to risk losing the grant by not getting the car within 4 months) and on a quick glance Octopus looked the best EV tariff overall. We have an air-source heat pump so the normal rate needs to be competitive to run that - some EV deals offer a great overnight rate but very expensive during the day.
P300e Urban Edition on order (Meridian sound, 3D camera, fogs, headlamp wash, heated s/w, solar w/screen, space saver, 12V/USB, 19in wheels)

Brianthemodeller

Post by Brianthemodeller » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm

Thanks both; already in the process of switching to Octopus to get their ‘Go’ EV tariff. I haven’t got a build date yet but wanted to use the time to sort out what i wanted!
MY19 DS eD4 HSE now sold
MY22 DS R-Dynamic SE P300e on order

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Maybe consider a non tethered, slightly cheaper, you use the car supplied power lead, a bonus is you then get a new cable with each future new car, disadvantage your cable could be stolen if you leave it in the charger, The lock only activates when plugged into car,
also a slight chance of finding a remote non tethered charger and your cable being at home :roll:

mines non tethered , but I consider it a secure area so can leave the cable in all day.
180d hse corris gone.
Narvik 250P hse, lovely. Gone
Ipace . Solar powered ,flying carpet

RedFive

Post by RedFive » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:30 pm

5M tethered Rolec home charger for me. 3000 miles into ownership, used every night and no problems at all (unlike my PiviPro!).

Drive home, plug cable in, 2 second job. If it wasn't tethered there are many nights I wouldn't be ar@ed to faff about looking in the boot for the cable. Plus as previous guy said it won't get nicked and it's always in the boot if I find a non tethered public charging point.
MY21 DS P300e R-Dynamic HSE | Hakuba Silver | Black Contrast Roof | Privacy Glass
MY08 D3 3.0 V6 SE | Silver
MY08 Defender 90 2.4 XS | Stornoway Grey
MY02 Defender 110 TD5 XS | Black
MY94 Defender 300 TDi County | Green | White roof

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:40 pm

Anyone tried the wattcat app? Designed for ipace but will show some good details on a ds
180d hse corris gone.
Narvik 250P hse, lovely. Gone
Ipace . Solar powered ,flying carpet

ajmorr.is

Post by ajmorr.is » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:29 pm

I’m more than likely going to get a Wallbox Pulsar Plus, which meets your requirements. Like others above, I’m waiting on a positive status change before ordering and it’s around a 3 week lead time from the suppliers I’ve spoken to.

One comment though, the normal 3 pin lead is a rip off from LR, you can get a 10m 13A plug > mode 2 cable from Screwfix for £160 for use when away from home.
On order; P300e HSE R-Dynamic, Portofino Blue.
https://build.landrover/721314FB

burtonjk

Post by burtonjk » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:09 pm

I have the PodPoint with tethered cable and am very happy with it.

The installation was very fast and professional even during full lockdown time.

There was a fault with the unit but their help desk got it fixed quick snap.

I have got Octopus Go so want to be able to do timed charging. The car has this capability, but it hasn’t been reliable for me (and others on a different forum), so I was over the moon when the PodPoint app introduced timed charging.
Discovery Sport P300E MY 21
R Dynamic HSE
Fuji White
Options:
Family Pack (Privacy Glass, Rear Seat Power)
HUD

Triggers Broom

Post by Triggers Broom » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:29 pm

I went for the Myenergi Zappi v2 charger on my vehicle. Came with a £350 government grant. It comes with its own app. The Zappi has the option of connecting to solar power using an additional WiFi enabled hub. It also has a feature that connects to your home electricity so you can monitor home usage and car usage simultaneously. I find this a really useful feature.
It comes in both 6 metre tethered and non tethered version. I have tethered. The Zappi has the option to have a passcode set so even if some rogue plugs into their car they need the code to operate charger.
It can be programmed via app to charge car overnight. It is one of the best chargers in my opinion having done plenty of research. Not the cheapest but a versatile charger. It charges my car from 20% to 100% in under 2 hours charging at around 7.5 - 7.6kwh.

D5138A04-CBBB-4F12-8EA7-F10CAEFA79AC.jpeg

P300e
R Dynamic HSE
Yulong White