Cracked Panoramic Roof

All Discovery Sport related discussions
marcusp

Re: Cracked Panoramic Roof

Post by marcusp » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:29 am

The Gavver no need to post your keyboard warrior reply several times I understood it the first time.
When I purchased my 2020 R Dynamic the dealer warned me abut it which made my decision not to have one.
Its also on a previous thread that some insurance companies dont cover it so take a deep breath and relax before you bash the keys again
2020 p240 R-Dynamic black Narvic with black pack and lots of extra’s

Paul41

Post by Paul41 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:09 am

+1 Well said
The whole point of this forum is to share useful information by constructive discussion with good grace & humour along the way
Key board warrior types just show themselves up on here.
HSE MY17 Corris/black roof/privacy glass/HUD/blind spot monitor-reverse traffic detect/surround cameras/wade sensing/ACC/ towbar/full size spare/Adaptive dynamics/Entertainment pack/incontrol pro/Mem seats/ATPC/Heated steering wheel/service pack/Gtechniq

marcusp

Post by marcusp » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:38 am

I think the one thing to remember from this irrespective of the insurance company is if it is damaged by whatever means then a fully comp insurance policy will cover it however whether that falls under the windscreen cover or as a full claim will depend on the policy and you need to ask the specific question or read the small print when taking out the policy because the difference is either a small excess charge that doesnt effect your renewal cost or a full claim and a few hundred pounds excess not to mention the inevitable increase in your renewal cost

RafflesNH

Post by RafflesNH » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:11 am

Dashnine wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:48 pm
It might not be ‘a lot’ but it’s certainly worth checking, a previous thread (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5026) listed Hastings, RAC and LRs own insurance as not covering the pano roof as ‘glass’.
Just checked my Hastings policy, and have discovered the above to be correct, unfortunately for me. :roll:
Here's what it states under Section 8:

"Windscreen damage
What’s covered If you have comprehensive cover your Insurer will pay to replace or repair broken glass in the windscreen or windows of your Car and repair any scratching to the bodywork caused by the broken glass.
Making a claim under this section won’t affect your no claims discount, as long as you’re not also claiming for any other loss or damage to your Car.
Your Insurer’s Nominated Repairer may use parts or Accessories that aren’t made or supplied by your Car’s manufacturer but are of an equivalent type and quality to those being replaced.
What’s not covered under section 8:Any other glass forming part of your Car including sunroofs, panoramic roofs or panoramic sunroofs, where the roof glass is a separate unit to the windscreen glass •Any windscreens or windows not made of glass •Replacement of the hood/roof structure of a convertible or cabriolet Car •A repair or replacement cost that’s more than the Market Value of your Car at the time of loss (less any Excess).
Additional charges or limited cover may apply if you don’t use your Insurer’s Nominated Repairer.
You have to pay an Excess for windscreen, windows and glass repairs or replacement – see your schedule of insurance and Certificate of Motor Insurance for more details."

So, that's something else I have to keep my fingers crossed for until renewal time.
Does anyone know if it's possible to have a protective impact resistant clear film applied to these roofs for added protection?

Cheers,
Nigel
2021MY Discovery Sport P250 HSE in Silicon Silver/Acorn delivered with missing tailgate soft close mechanism!
https://build.landrover/EEAD11EA

TheGavver

Post by TheGavver » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:19 am

marcusp wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:29 am
The Gavver no need to post your keyboard warrior reply several times I understood it the first time.
When I purchased my 2020 R Dynamic the dealer warned me abut it which made my decision not to have one.
Its also on a previous thread that some insurance companies dont cover it so take a deep breath and relax before you bash the keys again
I think that you will find that the forum server experienced a glitch last night, as it was only posted the once. I did report it to the non-existent moderator to remove the duplicates, but so far that’s failed to happen. Perhaps, as you seem to be the font of all knowledge, you would like to volunteer your services to become one? Then you too can bash your keys with as much fervour as you bash your Bishop! :lol:
================================
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Luxury D180
Banbury, Oxfordshire.

marcusp

Post by marcusp » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:30 am

Egg face springs to mind mate and now you are showing your immaturity. Just admit it you have been shown up for what you are and move on you idiot.

TheGavver

Post by TheGavver » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:42 am

I was too polite to post what I ..l.l
post moderated and poster banned from the forum
Please be nice to each other
================================
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Luxury D180
Banbury, Oxfordshire.

marcusp

Post by marcusp » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:54 am

Paul I think this idiot has just proven you right. Clearly thinks hes a hard man abusing people on a forum when he is shown up and proven wrong yet again. I feel sorry for him actually living such a sad little angry life that he needs to come on here and be abusive when he is shown up for talking out his backside. Never mind the schools go back in a few weeks

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:33 am

RafflesNH wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:11 am
Dashnine wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:48 pm
It might not be ‘a lot’ but it’s certainly worth checking, a previous thread (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5026) listed Hastings, RAC and LRs own insurance as not covering the pano roof as ‘glass’.
Just checked my Hastings policy, and have discovered the above to be correct, unfortunately for me. :roll:
Here's what it states under Section 8:

"Windscreen damage
What’s covered If you have comprehensive cover your Insurer will pay to replace or repair broken glass in the windscreen or windows of your Car and repair any scratching to the bodywork caused by the broken glass.
Making a claim under this section won’t affect your no claims discount, as long as you’re not also claiming for any other loss or damage to your Car.
Your Insurer’s Nominated Repairer may use parts or Accessories that aren’t made or supplied by your Car’s manufacturer but are of an equivalent type and quality to those being replaced.
What’s not covered under section 8:Any other glass forming part of your Car including sunroofs, panoramic roofs or panoramic sunroofs, where the roof glass is a separate unit to the windscreen glass •Any windscreens or windows not made of glass •Replacement of the hood/roof structure of a convertible or cabriolet Car •A repair or replacement cost that’s more than the Market Value of your Car at the time of loss (less any Excess).
Additional charges or limited cover may apply if you don’t use your Insurer’s Nominated Repairer.
You have to pay an Excess for windscreen, windows and glass repairs or replacement – see your schedule of insurance and Certificate of Motor Insurance for more details."

So, that's something else I have to keep my fingers crossed for until renewal time.
Does anyone know if it's possible to have a protective impact resistant clear film applied to these roofs for added protection?

Cheers,
Nigel
Nigel,

While it isn’t covered under glass, your insurer will still cover it under accidental or malicious damage. This will usually mean a fault claim and a loss of premium. But still cheaper than paying for it yourself.
2016 D180 Auto

RafflesNH

Post by RafflesNH » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:45 am

sandbox wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:33 am

Nigel,

While it isn’t covered under glass, your insurer will still cover it under accidental or malicious damage. This will usually mean a fault claim and a loss of premium. But still cheaper than paying for it yourself.

Yes, I had realised that, thanks. But come renewal time, I shall certainly be checking out other insurers in this respect now.

Nigel
2021MY Discovery Sport P250 HSE in Silicon Silver/Acorn delivered with missing tailgate soft close mechanism!
https://build.landrover/EEAD11EA