Anyone else waiting for a new car?

All Discovery Sport related discussions
gmacdonald
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:58 am

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by gmacdonald » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:22 pm

Further to my earlier reply ref my P200, I finally got the dreaded call today to tell me the car is no longer available. The same discounts that I got will apply to any other variant and they will keep my build spot in the queue (September). As my build was purposely kept just shy of £40k to not breach the new tax bracket my only choice for the spec I wanted was the D165 Urban with room to throw in a couple of extras within my official price limit. OK so I really wanted a petrol, but taken the plunge and gone for the diesel, at least my running costs will be lower! The question now is will it really be September!

Brianthemodeller
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by Brianthemodeller » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:59 pm

gmacdonald wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:22 pm
Further to my earlier reply ref my P200, I finally got the dreaded call today to tell me the car is no longer available. The same discounts that I got will apply to any other variant and they will keep my build spot in the queue (September). As my build was purposely kept just shy of £40k to not breach the new tax bracket my only choice for the spec I wanted was the D165 Urban with room to throw in a couple of extras within my official price limit. OK so I really wanted a petrol, but taken the plunge and gone for the diesel, at least my running costs will be lower! The question now is will it really be September!
Considering your driving model, is the diesel the right car or would you have been better paying the addition RFL?
MY19 DS eD4 HSE now sold
MY22 DS R-Dynamic SE P300e on order

First Timer
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:35 pm

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by First Timer » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:42 pm

I just heard today that my order has moved from “allocated to build” to “submitted to build” status and has a delivery date from LR to the retailer of 24th September. I ordered mid-May and got the switch onto MY22 at the point of confirming. D165 R-Dynamic SE.

SteveT
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by SteveT » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:22 am

Still waiting to hear about mine going to build, ordered last week in March, switched to MY22 during May...since then, still on the waiting to hear list....seems there's a bit of queue jumping going on in the factory or some specifications are on hold due to unavailable parts maybe? Ordered D200 R-Dynamic HSE......was told on Friday it may even take until possibly November....
DS MY18 HSE Luxury TD4 Auto 180
Santorini Black, 19" Black Wheels
On Order MY21 (now prob MY22) DS R-DYNAMIC HSE D200 MHEV, Carpathian Grey, 20" 5089s Gloss Black Wheels, privacy glass

Brianthemodeller
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by Brianthemodeller » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:32 am

I reckon we need to start encouraging people to cancel their orders so ours move up the queue!!
MY19 DS eD4 HSE now sold
MY22 DS R-Dynamic SE P300e on order

Killieboyd
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:51 pm

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by Killieboyd » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:01 pm

darrow wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:21 am
Me too. When did you order and what date have you been given? Please...
Start of April, given a date of end of August

Razzo
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by Razzo » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:51 pm

I contacted my dealer today, they have told me that my order that was Sept will now be the end of the year ?
2018 TD4 180 HSE Silver

ajmorr.is
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 10:47 pm

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by ajmorr.is » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:34 pm

Razzo wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:51 pm
I contacted my dealer today, they have told me that my order that was Sept will now be the end of the year ?
Spec, order date, original estimate?
On order; P300e HSE R-Dynamic, Portofino Blue.
https://build.landrover/721314FB

Grjones
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by Grjones » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:39 pm

My P200 also cancelled following the MY21 being cancelled in April this year…. It’s a complete joke …. I’m really not sure on what to do now really, I had a budget and everything else will now push the car over 40k and in excess of what I wanted to pay per month
Purchased: LAND ROVER DISCOVERY SPORT URBAN EDITION P200 AWD AUTOMATIC MHEV (Awaiting Delivery) :D

ajmorr.is
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 10:47 pm

Re: Anyone else waiting for a new car?

Post by ajmorr.is » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:50 pm

Grjones wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:39 pm
My P200 also cancelled following the MY21 being cancelled in April this year…. It’s a complete joke …. I’m really not sure on what to do now really, I had a budget and everything else will now push the car over 40k and in excess of what I wanted to pay per month
Is the dealer not helping out to match the original price, even with the increased finance contribution? Granted that doesn’t get the car under £40k but that bracket is four years of £335 so £1340 total, presuming you keep it that long.
On order; P300e HSE R-Dynamic, Portofino Blue.
https://build.landrover/721314FB

Post Reply