Missed options

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Bayleaf

Missed options

Post by Bayleaf » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:10 pm

Hello all,

I’m about to press the button on a R-Dynamic HSE Namib Orange (always liked being different). There are so many options these days that can be added if funds are available.

Just wondering what peoples regrets where in either having added them but not worth it or regretted not adding something.

timhum

Re: Missed options

Post by timhum » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:18 pm

I didn't realise that the DS had a button that allows us to select options! ;) ;)

Tim
Tim
HSE auto, now replaced by a RRS P400.

Andy131

Post by Andy131 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:04 pm

Glad that the dealer wrapped the roof - looks much better than all red. Gesture tailgate is a gimmick. We have a deployable towball - fixed would have been better. 7 seats are a waste for us - spare wheel would have been more useful. CD / DVD player even for a geriatric like me is wasted. Would have liked the radar cruise control and surround camera.
2018 DS HSE 240D
2016 DS HSE auto, for 45k nice (grey!) car.
2014 Ewok for 6 months, really really rubbish.
2008 FL2 for 185k miles, should have kept her.
2006 FL1 for 110k miles, brilliant car.
2000 FL1 for 100k miles, fell apart but started the LR bug

Abbott

Post by Abbott » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:15 pm

If you leave the car outside and do early mornings in the winter a heated windscreen is a big plus
DS 2016 HSE

DiscoSportDave

Post by DiscoSportDave » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:45 pm

Abbott wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:15 pm
If you leave the car outside and do early mornings in the winter a heated windscreen is a big plus
as is a heated steering wheel

Things i'd not miss on my 2019 Landmark..

keyless entry
front parking sensors - complete nightmare with false alerts from rainwater rolling off the bonnet or insects flying around in slow moving traffic
gesture tailgate - utter nonsense, and has falsely closed on both myself and my other half several times when leaning into the boot area
sat nav - painfully slow destination entry (may be a lot better on new model)
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:37 pm

DiscoSportDave wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:45 pm
Abbott wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:15 pm
as is a heated steering wheel

Things i'd not miss on my 2019 Landmark..

keyless entry
front parking sensors - complete nightmare with false alerts from rainwater rolling off the bonnet or insects flying around in slow moving traffic
gesture tailgate - utter nonsense, and has falsely closed on both myself and my other half several times when leaning into the boot area
sat nav - painfully slow destination entry (may be a lot better on new model)
The front parking sensors can be turned off from being permanently on, so they are only active if you go into Neutral or Reverse (intending to subsequently use Drive) or hit the button on the centre console. Saves it beeping in traffic or when people are crossing in front of you.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Bayleaf

Post by Bayleaf » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:33 pm

I could be wrong but I think heated windscreen is standard, as much as I love my current heated steering wheel I think I could live without it and fund other options.

The clear sight mirror is no longer standard and an expensive option, is it useful or another gimmick like gesture boot or 3D cameras

no9cyborg

Post by no9cyborg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:31 am

Not sure whether it's standard on HSE, but Adaptive Cruise Control would be a definite for me.

RPR

Post by RPR » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:53 am

Well it would be the heated steering wheel option that JLR & the dealer completely cocked-up on my build :evil:
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

Stroh

Post by Stroh » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 pm

I didn't really care about the Clear Sight rear view mirror, but now that I have it I never switch back. Much better vision of what is behind you and you can adjust the field of view.

The adaptive cruise control also was new to me and I love it. Made a 250 mile trip the other day down an interstate with mostly well flowing traffic but occasional times when traffic would bunch up and slow down. Set the cruise to a decent pace to avoid tickets but not be impeding everyone behind me and it slowed and maintained a safe distance anytime traffic slowed down, then went right back up when it cleared. If you want to speed up to pass someone you can hit the accelerator and speed up, then just let it do it's thing and it'll return you to the previously set speed.
2020 DS P250 SE, Fuji White, Acorn Windsor Leather Heated and Cooled Seats, Premium Interior Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Meridian Surround Sound System with Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Black Exterior Pack, Technology Pack, Natural Shadow Oak Veneer!