THREE WEEKS - 1000 MILES

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Just Will

THREE WEEKS - 1000 MILES

Post by Just Will » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:21 am

I've had my car just over 3 weeks, completed just over 1000 miles so I think it's about time I told you how I feel about it.

In my previous posts I told you about the fact that the dealers mistakenly ordered me a 5 seater instead of a 7 seater, accepting full liability. I am driving the 5 seater for now but they have ordered me a new vehicle for delivery as and when - straight swop.

I had a problem within the first few hours with a rattle/vibration in the cabin around the front passenger/dash area. Land Rover Assist came out and heard it. It went into the dealers twice and they had a mess under the passenger seat a couple of times and the noise went.

So after about 10 days I started to appreciate the car for what it was, a very nice smooth and refined vehicle. Then the noise started again! On the 2 occasions I'd took it into the dealers It didn't make the noise when I was out with a technician [as it always the case!]

This time I spoke with the after sales manager and said I would drive the car until it started making the noise then pick him up......it worked. Just as I got to the dealers - 15 miles from home - it started, I rang 'Paul' picked him up and we went for a drive. At first we couldn't pin point where the noise was coming from but eventually I believe we've traced it to the blower/heater fan.....maybe a label or leaf? Any way a new motor is on order and hopefully it will be sorted next Mon/Tues.

I can only really compare it with my last 2 vehicles, a XC40 First Edition and a MY15 Evoque Dynamic.

It's bigger that the XC40 in all ways and in my opinion has more of a presence than both. It's gearbox it a lot better than the Evoque with none of the indecisions at junctions it was famed for. I can't really fault the Volvo apart from looking back it was a bit bland .

I've been looking for a few negatives but with a bit of a smile on my face I can only think of one. What a stupid place to put the windscreen washer filler cap, and why is it so small. Can't use a funnel because the filter is close to the top so you have to have a steady hand!

I was also hoping I would be able to assign a profile to an individual key [His 'n' hers] like I could on the XC40 [and in my 2005 Discovery 3 but not in the Evoque !] but I don't appear to be able to do that. We have to open the door, press our memory seat button to change it then change the profile.....unless anyone knows different.

Anyway - going to Scotland in a few weeks, a bit of a tour up to John o' Groats so we'll see how it goes.
MY21 R-Dynamic HSE D200 (Santorini) plus a few little extras
Previous
Volvo XC40 - First Edition [2018]
EVOQUE DYNAMIC [2015]
Couple of Merc Coupes [2008-2015]
DISCOVERY 3 [2005]
2 FREELANDERS [2001-2005]

DiscoSportDave

Re: THREE WEEKS - 1000 MILES

Post by DiscoSportDave » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:41 pm

Whilst the order error is frustrating, it must be quite nice driving around in something you really don't have to concern yourself with too much - any faults on this one will be the dealers issue within months. Pretty poor though that you have been at the dealers several times in just three weeks, and another visit soon for rectification - they just can't build cars as robustly as Volvo
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

Just Will

Post by Just Will » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm

I agree I’m in a nice position with another new car on the horizon but I still have to drive this one. There’s no way I could have drive this round Scotland in it’s current state.
Previous
EVOQUE DYNAMIC [2015]
DISCOVERY 3 [2005]

Caninecapers

Post by Caninecapers » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:05 pm

I’ve had my Eiger Grey HSE D200 R Dynamic since mid December. The only issue has been with the tracker giving a false signal that the car had been stolen, this was sorted with a new antenna. I’ve done one long round trip 420 miles each way and the car excellent on a long journey. I quite like the washer refill being out of the way of the engine! I’ve covered nearly 5000 miles and I’m impressed with the build quality and refinement of the MY 21 car.

pcheaven

Post by pcheaven » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:54 pm

Profiles assigned to a key do work.
We have the mr and Mrs setup in my car.
It’s mostly reliable.
Silver 2020 D240 R Dynamic HSE - Brilliant car with the terrible ( IMHO ) premium LED lights

All with great headlights:

3 Other Discovery Sports
I Pace First Edition
Velar R Dynamic HSE
Discovery 5 HSE Lux

Just Will

Post by Just Will » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:44 pm

pcheaven wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:54 pm
It’s mostly reliable.
How did you manage that please?
The car is linked to my account, I set up another account for my wife but can’t link my car to that account as it’d already linked to mine
I can’t see any way to link my key to my profile
I’m obviously missing something
Previous
EVOQUE DYNAMIC [2015]
DISCOVERY 3 [2005]

Dermu

Post by Dermu » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Just Will wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:44 pm
pcheaven wrote:
It’s mostly reliable.
The car is linked to my account, I set up another account for my wife but can’t link my car to that account as it’d already linked to mine
1. Setup your own incontrol account (primary user)
2. Go into settings and send a request to add user (secondary user)
3. Enter their email address so they can Receive an invite to setup Thier own incontrol account (separate from yours) ps they won't be able to add the vehicle VIN just add basic information.
4. Once they have accepted your invite and setup the incontrol account via the link Thier account will automatically be added as a secondary user under your primary profile
5. Setup a new user on pivi pro for your partner. On the home screen hit the option add a new user.
6. Enter Thier email address and password. You will get an option to setup a pin also.
7 under settings under user you can add the option remember me by my key fob and mobile phone check one or both as you wish. What this means is key fob ,1 for example will be linked to for example your wife's profile. So whenever she uses her keyfob her profile will be automatically launched. Her Spotify, Deezer and all personalised settings. You can manually switch users if you want to..

Hope this helps.
Land Rover Discovery Sports D165 R Dynamic+ Carpathian Grey (MY21)
Audi Q5 (67) Sports Ibis White 190PS
Audi A5 Coupe (66) S Line Daytona Grey 190PS
Audi Q5 (64) S line Plus Daytona Grey 177PS

pcheaven

Post by pcheaven » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:46 pm

Just Will wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:44 pm
pcheaven wrote:
It’s mostly reliable.
Sorry. I don’t recall. Though it only took 5 minutes
Though the second key definitely didn’t need an incontrol account.

Will have a play when we return from holiday.
Silver 2020 D240 R Dynamic HSE - Brilliant car with the terrible ( IMHO ) premium LED lights

All with great headlights:

3 Other Discovery Sports
I Pace First Edition
Velar R Dynamic HSE
Discovery 5 HSE Lux

Just Will

Post by Just Will » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:23 pm

Thanks for that guys I’ll have a mess when I’m able
This is what I love about this forum
Previous
EVOQUE DYNAMIC [2015]
DISCOVERY 3 [2005]

Stroh

Post by Stroh » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:24 pm

Also, I believe you have to unlock the vehicle with the key fob, not just have it present. My DS is unlocked when in the garage and if my wife drove it the day before it will still have her settings if I just get in, even though my fob and phone are the only ones present. If I hit unlock first it will change to my settings when I get in.
2020 DS P250 SE, Fuji White, Acorn Windsor Leather Heated and Cooled Seats, Premium Interior Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Meridian Surround Sound System with Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Black Exterior Pack, Technology Pack, Natural Shadow Oak Veneer!