PIVI Pro Account Resetting

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Triggers Broom

PIVI Pro Account Resetting

Post by Triggers Broom » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Hello everyone new to the forum and new owner of a DS P300e. Having owned for just 3 weeks at time of writing, I have found that I continually need to sign in and set up account information when I get in the car. It doesn’t remember the key, radio stations and in fact, any information including mobile I’ve installed. Anyone know how I can resolve this issue as it’s very frustrating doing this every time I use it.

Looking forward to your pearls of wisdom in this matter.
P300e
R Dynamic HSE
Yulong White

harrissn

Re: PIVI Pro Account Resetting

Post by harrissn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Yes. Same here. Very frustrating. Haven’t found a fix yet. Was going to have a look at the Defender forum..
New owner:

MY21 P200 SE

harrissn

Post by harrissn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 pm

Looks like amnesia is an issue according to the ipace forum

Might need a software update

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic ... 1&start=10
New owner:

MY21 P200 SE

burtonjk

Post by burtonjk » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:52 pm

I had this problem when setting up profiles. Since I gave up on the profiles and just set everything within the default user, I have not lost any settings:

2 phones
Radio Favourites
Customised Home Screen
Discovery Sport P300E MY 21
R Dynamic HSE
Fuji White
Options:
Family Pack (Privacy Glass, Rear Seat Power)
HUD

harrissn

Post by harrissn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:55 pm

The only benefit of having a profile from what I can see is direct linking to a Spotify account? Must be other benefits...
New owner:

MY21 P200 SE

Triggers Broom

Post by Triggers Broom » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:58 pm

I’ve got it booked into the dealers next week for me other issue but I’ll ask if this is a software issue and post back if I get anywhere however I like the default option at least it will cure me frustration for a bit.
P300e
R Dynamic HSE
Yulong White

burtonjk

Post by burtonjk » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:01 pm

I fancied a profile for each of 2 drivers with customised Home Screen, radio Favourites, memory seat settings amongst other items promised in the manual. I was scuppered by:

1. 2 profiles can’t have the same In Control account
2. 2 In Control accounts can’t have the same car
3. Even with 1 of the profiles not logging in due to the fundamental issues in points 1 and 2, the car wouldn’t remember the profiles anyway, as per the OP issue
R Dynamic HSE
Fuji White
Options:
HUD

harrissn

Post by harrissn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:14 pm

I haven’t contacted the dealer as it’s not been a major issue, only I drive the car and lockdown has meant minimal miles anyway

I’m hoping an OTA software update will fix it but if not I will raise an issue. Interested to see how others get on

@burtonjk - Privacy glass an extra on an HSE R Dynamic? Wow
New owner:

MY21 P200 SE

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:21 pm

burtonjk wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:01 pm
I fancied a profile for each of 2 drivers with customised Home Screen, radio Favourites, memory seat settings amongst other items promised in the manual. I was scuppered by:

3. Even with 1 of the profiles not logging in due to the fundamental issues in points 1 and 2, the car wouldn’t remember the profiles anyway, as per the OP issue
Unfortunately you are confusing the InControl account which is one per car, and the Pivi Pro profiles. These are configured in the Pivi Pro setup wizard. Multiple drivers and profiles can be added.
2016 D180 Auto

burtonjk

Post by burtonjk » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:06 pm

sandbox wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:21 pm
burtonjk wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Unfortunately you are confusing the InControl account which is one per car, and the Pivi Pro profiles. These are configured in the Pivi Pro setup wizard. Multiple drivers and profiles can be added.
Yes I am confused, but I think the car is too.

First thing the Pivi Pro profile wizard asks me to do is link my InControl account to provide smart features.

It says “Your profile and InControl account can work together when you’re signed in”

Then pressing Add Profile gives you “Link your InControl account for access to streaming, online services, smart navigation and more”

All good for the first profile (notwithstanding the Pivi Pro inherent profile amnesia), but the 2nd profile also suggests linking an InControl account, which cannot be the same as Profile 1.

So only one profile can use the ‘signed in’ smart online services?

If so I don’t see the point in Pivi Pro suggesting a profile be linked to an InControl account.

Hoping for a light bulb moment.
R Dynamic HSE
Fuji White
Options:
HUD