Land Rover Dash Cam

All Discovery Sport related discussions
davataylor

Land Rover Dash Cam

Post by davataylor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:05 pm

Just had the latest email from Land Rover and noticed right at the end the following:-

"Winter’s also a time when it pays to be extra vigilant out on the roads, and the Land Rover dash cam can be a confidence-inspiring ally. It integrates neatly into your Discovery Sport’s interior and records driving events and incidents both front and rear in full HD video."

Interesting I've not seen any mention before about this being an option. The link takes you to the "Explore Accessories"
New - Discovery Sport HSE Petrol Grey, MY20
Gone - Discovery Sport HSE 180 Auto, Corris Grey, MY16

Paul41

Re: Land Rover Dash Cam

Post by Paul41 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Yes I read that as well but can’t find any hardware mentioned anywhere, I did stumble across this though in the Apple App Store so something must be in the pipeline.

21A3DD54-B440-4383-B0C7-9B0365FB2BCB.png

HSE MY17 Corris/black roof/privacy glass/HUD/blind spot monitor-reverse traffic detect/surround cameras/wade sensing/ACC/ towbar/full size spare/Adaptive dynamics/Entertainment pack/incontrol pro/Mem seats/ATPC/Heated steering wheel/service pack/Gtechniq

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:54 am

It’s a shame they can’t plug into the multiple cameras already on the car already instead of adding more.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

RafflesNH

Post by RafflesNH » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:25 am

Paul41 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:49 pm
Yes I read that as well but can’t find any hardware mentioned anywhere, I did stumble across this though in the Apple App Store so something must be in the pipeline.

This is the app on Google Play Store for Android. Shows only 100+ downloads but states somewhat confusingly under App Info (not shown here) it was "Updated on 26 Nov 2020" and "Released on 30 Nov 2020".

Had a bit of a trawl round LR's website, but can't find anything to do with the actual hardware.

LR_Dashcam_app.png

Former car 2009MY BMW E91 330i Touring. Currently awaiting delivery of a new 2021MY Discovery Sport HSE in Silicon Silver/Acorn.

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:34 am

Below is a link to the Jaguar Land Rover dashcam user instructions. This was published on TOPIx on/around 17 Dec 20:

JLR 27 17 99_1E - DASHCAM USER INSTRUCTIONS

Copy of the PDF here:

https://www.i-paceforum.com/attachments ... -pdf.5037/
2016 D180 Auto

RafflesNH

Post by RafflesNH » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:45 am

sandbox wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:34 am
Below is a link to the Jaguar Land Rover dashcam user instructions. This was published on TOPIx on/around 17 Dec 20:

JLR 27 17 99_1E - DASHCAM USER INSTRUCTIONS

Copy of the PDF here:

https://www.i-paceforum.com/attachments ... -pdf.5037/

Thanks for that. Was hoping to get some product images from it, but disappointingly contains only one of the rear view and no hardware specifications.
Hope they release a fully up-to-date, high spec product and not some rebadged Nextbase run out unit.
Former car 2009MY BMW E91 330i Touring. Currently awaiting delivery of a new 2021MY Discovery Sport HSE in Silicon Silver/Acorn.

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:18 am

RafflesNH wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:45 am
Was hoping to get some product images from it, but disappointingly contains only one of the rear view and no hardware specifications.
Pics of the actual units for the new Discovery front and rear are here on page 12:

https://www.landrover.co.uk/Images/All_ ... 293375.pdf

Details on page 37:

The Land Rover dash cam records footage of driving events and incidents and is designed to integrate seamlessly into your vehicle’s cabin and electrical system. Engineered to have low power consumption for extended use, the dash cam features full HD front and rear video cameras.

- The front camera is removable with fixed viewing angle.
- The rear camera is fixed but with an adjustable viewing angle.
- G-sensors trigger recording in the event of an accident or heavy braking.
- Integrated radar system** enables recording when your parked vehicle is approached.
- Manual record option allows the user to record additional events that they witness.
- Onboard GPS enables optional speed and location data to be linked to the video files creating
detailed records of each event.
- Includes 32GB SD card for storing recordings.
- Recordings can be accessed and controlled by the optional Apple or Android Smartphone
apps or via a web browser.

**Only available on certain vehicles, please contact your Land Rover Retailer for more information. To preserve the 12V battery life it may be necessary to disable this feature on some vehicles.

VPLKV0134
£693.00

The same part number is also listed on the Defender accessories PDF:

https://cdn-jaguarlandrover.com/system/ ... 239337.pdf
2016 D180 Auto

RafflesNH

Post by RafflesNH » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:44 am

Pics of the actual units for the new Discovery front and rear are here on page 12:

https://www.landrover.co.uk/Images/All_ ... 293375.pdf

Details on page 37:

The Land Rover dash cam records footage of driving events and incidents and is designed to integrate seamlessly into your vehicle’s cabin and electrical system. Engineered to have low power consumption for extended use, the dash cam features full HD front and rear video cameras.

- The front camera is removable with fixed viewing angle.
- The rear camera is fixed but with an adjustable viewing angle.
- G-sensors trigger recording in the event of an accident or heavy braking.
- Integrated radar system** enables recording when your parked vehicle is approached.
- Manual record option allows the user to record additional events that they witness.
- Onboard GPS enables optional speed and location data to be linked to the video files creating
detailed records of each event.
- Includes 32GB SD card for storing recordings.
- Recordings can be accessed and controlled by the optional Apple or Android Smartphone
apps or via a web browser.

**Only available on certain vehicles, please contact your Land Rover Retailer for more information. To preserve the 12V battery life it may be necessary to disable this feature on some vehicles.

VPLKV0134
£693.00

[/quote]

Ah, thanks again.
Certainly looks the part, but at that price I'd want to know all the hardware and sensor performance specs, and some sample day/night videos. :shock:

RafflesNH

Post by RafflesNH » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:17 pm

RafflesNH wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:44 am
8<

VPLKV0134
£693.00

Ah, thanks again.
Certainly looks the part, but at that price I'd want to know all the hardware and sensor performance specs, and some sample day/night videos. :shock:
[/quote]

P.S. Do those prices include dealer/factory fitting, I wonder?

no9cyborg

Post by no9cyborg » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:10 pm

If these are fixed, what would happen if you decided to drive on the continent - Austria for example, where dashcams are illegal.
At least with your standard nextbase cam, you cam remove it