Mileage to next service displayed after service

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Matt27

Mileage to next service displayed after service

Post by Matt27 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:08 pm

I’ve just had my major service completed at 37k miles (this is effectively the 42k / 4 year service in the Land Rover service schedule).

Previously when I’ve collected the vehicle from servicing it has claimed 19,000 miles to the next service, however this time it is only saying 6,300 miles until the next service. (I know that in reality with oil dilution the service interval will reduce - but I was hoping to start from a larger allowance than 6,300 miles!)

Does this mean the dealer have incorrectly reset the service interval or has there been a new service interval introduced by Land Rover?

SarahStreet

Re: Mileage to next service displayed after service

Post by SarahStreet » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:17 pm

They have incorrectly reset the counter(s).

Ask them to fully reset both - this will give a mileage of 19850 to next service.

pcheaven

Post by pcheaven » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:23 pm

As above

Sadly. A an too common mistake.
With my 4 jlr vehicles over the last 5 years, I have had this at least 3 times and had to revisit the coffee and cake shop that is Landrover
Orange DS HSE +toys
Other JLR products

Matt27

Post by Matt27 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Thanks both - that’s a relief of sorts as it seemed a poor return for a £415 service!

It’s annoying to have to face another trip back there, but I know if I don’t do it soon it’ll mess up the service intervals if I wait until the “service required” message is displayed to raise it.

pcheaven

Post by pcheaven » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Pretty sure road side assistance can do it

As to if they will do it ( arnt they rebranded AA) , who knows ......
Orange DS HSE +toys
Other JLR products

SarahStreet

Post by SarahStreet » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:20 am

Just to add to this:

SDD enabled vehicles (15-17.5MY) need LRA attendance to reset oil service counters; if covered via extended warranty, then insist on it, as AA do not have necessary hardware on board.

The roll-out version of SDD (v160) has had the separate oil service reset facility removed. In layman’s terms, this means that you can no longer split the oil service reset parameter from the main actual miles/time to service counter. Pathfinder enabled vehicles are not affected.

It’s now all or nothing. Please take advice from an LRA patrol should you need assistance, NOT the usual AA that are most likely to attend. This has been created deliberately to avoid future oil dilution/engine failure warranty claims for long*term owners.

*E&OE. UK Markets only.

Mamil

Post by Mamil » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 am

SarahStreet wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:20 am
This has been created deliberately to avoid future oil dilution/engine failure warranty claims for long*term owners.

*E&OE. UK Markets only.
Please could you expand on that a little as I don't really understand....
SE TD4, MY 2016.5, 110kw/150bhp 2.2 PSA Engine, Fuji White/Ebony, Oz towbar, xenon pack. Delivered 25th June 2016, Perth Western Australia.

SarahStreet

Post by SarahStreet » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:10 am

Quite simply, the issues faced with those MY vehicles haven’t gone away, just about all affected will now be out of warranty, and I suspect that the manufacturer is hoping quietly that they are all out of their retail network by now. It’s called “passing the buck”, of which they appear to be Masters.