Delays in deliveries - October 2020

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Barnsh

Re: Delays in deliveries - October 2020

Post by Barnsh » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:38 am

Oops! WLTP view - estimates from manufacturer.

C7E40734-4571-4A83-B638-2CA531CADE0E.jpeg

My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:45 am

Barnsh wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:38 am

If you read my post, I wasn't talking about other sources, I specifically said the PDF I linked to where I could see no estimate caveat. Please do read this PDF and search for 'estimate':

https://www.landrover.co.uk/Images/Land ... 798845.pdf

However...

The UK's Vehicle Certification Agency lists the Discovery Sport, 20MY 1.5 i3 Petrol 300PS AWD Auto CO2 emissions (g/km) (weighted) as 36 and 44 (depending on the spec). This is the type approval for the car in the UK and hence the official CO2 figures.

https://carfueldata.vehicle-certificati ... -fuel.aspx

If you want official UK figures, the Vehicle Certification Agency provides these...
2016 D180 Auto

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:58 am

sandbox wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:45 am
Barnsh wrote:

If you read my post, I wasn't talking about other sources, I specifically said the PDF I linked to where I could see no estimate caveat. However...

The UK's Vehicle Certification Agency lists the Discovery Sport, 20MY 1.5 i3 Petrol 300PS AWD Auto CO2 emissions (g/km) (weighted) as 36 and 44 (depending on the spec). This is the type approval for the car in the UK and hence the official CO2 figures.

If you want official UK figures, the Vehicle Certification Agency provides these...
I wasn’t talking about other sources either, this is an official Landrover source , so surely Landrover should update their web page, where incidentally you can buy online , to show complete and accurate up to date information.

If it’s an oversight in the marketing departments web design they should correct it.
WLTP exists in context to permit cross comparison, do do this you need to compare accurate figures.

To have multiple brochures ( in or out of date ) floating around and a web site that is marked as an estimate should simply not happen and may be confusing to the buyer.
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:16 am

Barnsh wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:58 am
sandbox wrote:
Barnsh wrote:

If you read my post, I wasn't talking about other sources, I specifically said the PDF I linked to where I could see no estimate caveat. However...

I wasn’t talking about other sources either, this is an official Landrover source , so surely Landrover should update their web page, where incidentally you can buy online , to show complete and accurate up to date information.

If it’s an oversight in the marketing departments web design they should correct it.
WLTP exists in context to permit cross comparison, do do this you need to compare accurate figures.

To have multiple brochures ( in or out of date ) floating around and a web site that is marked as an estimate should simply not happen and may be confusing to the buyer.

2016 D180 Auto

FabRocket

Post by FabRocket » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:28 am

Barnsh wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:27 am
Go build one on the Landrover web site , pick the P300e as engine , look at the symbol next to the WLTP figure , read the subscript.
My girlfreind has send me a brochure and asked me to raise a question (I can't afford such an expensive car!) but she is thinking to take a company car. The text on p17 says "Figures provided are manufacturer's estimates and will be updated to official EU figures when they are released. For comparison purposes. Results change under actual conditions. Fuel consumption and CO₂ emissions differ. dependant on factor such as driving style, weather vehicle load, optional accessorie, also vehicle type, rims and tyres." (my translation).
If there is an official person here the question is when will updated figures be available for EU Her concern is the tax which is based on price of car X emissions. She has to make a decision and the company refuse to move until the emissions are final. Thank you.
Marie-email.pdf
(607.52 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:37 am

FabRocket wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:28 am
Barnsh wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:27 am
Go build one on the Landrover web site , pick the P300e as engine , look at the symbol next to the WLTP figure , read the subscript.
My girlfreind has send me a brochure and asked me to raise a question (I can't afford such an expensive car!) but she is thinking to take a company car. The text on p17 says "Figures provided are manufacturer's estimates and will be updated to official EU figures when they are released. For comparison purposes. Results change under actual conditions. Fuel consumption and CO₂ emissions differ. dependant on factor such as driving style, weather vehicle load, optional accessorie, also vehicle type, rims and tyres." (my translation).
If there is an official person here the question is when will updated figures be available for EU Her concern is the tax which is based on price of car X emissions. She has to make a decision and the company refuse to move until the emissions are final. Thank you.
A good question , the U.K. official certification site shows as above link from sandbox .

But the Landrover site shows estimate .
At a guess the website has not been updated once official figures have been released.
As for why Landrover haven’t done this who knows .

Best to get it in writing from JLR as you are doing.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:46 am

sandbox wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:16 am
Barnsh wrote:
sandbox wrote:

And if as a customer you buy one , you just get an estimate on your quote .
It’s not a trivial thing as you can see from the order mentioned above by a prospective customer , the company need actual figures. Yes you can point them to DVLA , but in France they have estimate too.

Can’t JLR simply update there web site , to end this anomaly ?
MY17 HSE 180 gone

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:02 pm

I have built a car on the configurator and selected an engine. Displayed are the estimated figures. If I click the link to "View WLTP Figures" I get the PDF that I keep referring back to. In this PDF there is a breakdown of all the WLTP figures. I cannot see any caveat of "estimate". Please read this and tell me where it says the figures are estimated.

2016 D180 Auto

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:05 pm

And then of course there is the dreaded Brexit conundrum for EU sales
The U.K. certification is just a first step

https://www.vehicle-certification-agenc ... al-ecwvta/
MY17 HSE 180 gone

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:46 am
sandbox wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:16 am
Barnsh wrote:

And if as a customer you buy one , you just get an estimate on your quote .
It’s not a trivial thing as you can see from the order mentioned above by a prospective customer , the company need actual figures. Yes you can point them to DVLA , but in France they have estimate too.

Can’t JLR simply update there web site , to end this anomaly ?

I have built a car on the configurator and selected an engine. Displayed are the estimated figures. If I click the link to "View WLTP Figures" I get the PDF that I keep referring back to. In this PDF there is a breakdown of all the WLTP figures. I cannot see any caveat of "estimate". Please read this and tell me where it says the figures are estimated.

2016 D180 Auto