Discovery Sport Forum banner

Is now a bad time to buy? Is anyone else buying new at the moment?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  badboy1984 
#1 ·
Hello

I started a thread asking for tips for buying a new P200 S and got some great advice. However, feedback from Carwow seems like now is a 'bad time' to buy. It seems that stock is low because of Covid, but equally I would have thought dealers were very keen to make a sale given that everything has been quiet for so long? I am so disappointed - I wasn't in a position to take up the excellent offers in January whereas I am ready to buy now.

I hope it is ok to start a new thread, but I wondered if anyone else is trying to buy new at the moment and would be happy to share % discount offered. It would be great to hear how this differs from anyone that has bought over the last 6 - 9 months too.

Thank you :)

Thursday Next

#5 ·
Not only No wheels no front or rear lights either ! Not sure if any windows included ?

(Just as a point of interest I've found a £6000 discount on the new P300e phev with the options I'm after) As Sarah said there are no LR Finance deposit contributions/discount from Land Rover available.

#6 ·
Paul41 said:
Well I've just been on the Land Rover build your own website Totally shocked with the result 😂 Looks as if it's not quite the right time to buy !!!!

1AB2C7C3-09FC-4A69-BC55-5C313359F428.jpeg
At least it would their reduce warranty claims.

#7 ·
I've just placed my order through Autoebid for a DS P250 HSE and got ~13% discount (£7600) including options. Cash or Finance discounts are exactly the same for this car. I believe you can also get a discount off a PHEV, but only around 7% (£3,700) for cash or finance.
https://www.autoebid.com
hth
Nigel

#8 ·
I would say you have to shoo around with different dealers. Be prepare to walk if you don't get a good deal. Also don't talk to them like you are very desperate to buy a car. They needed sale and they want you to put the pen onto the paper on the same day.

I went to order my DS P200 SE and got a decent price, they also willing to take my Infiniti Q50 220d sport as well. Given the situation with Infiniti in UK, glad they willing to take the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.