Is now a bad time to buy? Is anyone else buying new at the moment?

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Thursday_next

Is now a bad time to buy? Is anyone else buying new at the moment?

Post by Thursday_next » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Hello

I started a thread asking for tips for buying a new P200 S and got some great advice. However, feedback from Carwow seems like now is a 'bad time' to buy. It seems that stock is low because of Covid, but equally I would have thought dealers were very keen to make a sale given that everything has been quiet for so long? I am so disappointed - I wasn't in a position to take up the excellent offers in January whereas I am ready to buy now.

I hope it is ok to start a new thread, but I wondered if anyone else is trying to buy new at the moment and would be happy to share % discount offered. It would be great to hear how this differs from anyone that has bought over the last 6 - 9 months too.

Thank you :-)

Thursday Next
2017 TD4 Pure, (2.0 150 Ingenium), Fuji White, Black half-leather

Paul41

Re: Is now a bad time to buy? Is anyone else buying new at the moment?

Post by Paul41 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Well I’ve just been on the Land Rover build your own website Totally shocked with the result 😂 Looks as if it’s not quite the right time to buy !!!!

1AB2C7C3-09FC-4A69-BC55-5C313359F428.jpeg

HSE MY17 Corris/black roof/privacy glass/HUD/blind spot monitor-reverse traffic detect/surround cameras/wade sensing/ACC/ towbar/full size spare/Adaptive dynamics/Entertainment pack/incontrol pro/Mem seats/ATPC/Heated steering wheel/service pack/Gtechniq

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:45 pm

£7000 options on an HSE... no wonder you are cutting costs by bringing your own wheels!

SarahStreet

Post by SarahStreet » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:48 pm

There are no discounts whatsoever on the P300e hybrid variant at this stage

Paul41

Post by Paul41 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Not only No wheels no front or rear lights either ! Not sure if any windows included ?

(Just as a point of interest I’ve found a £6000 discount on the new P300e phev with the options I’m after) As Sarah said there are no LR Finance deposit contributions/discount from Land Rover available.
HSE MY17 Corris/black roof/privacy glass/HUD/blind spot monitor-reverse traffic detect/surround cameras/wade sensing/ACC/ towbar/full size spare/Adaptive dynamics/Entertainment pack/incontrol pro/Mem seats/ATPC/Heated steering wheel/service pack/Gtechniq

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:12 pm

Paul41 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:34 pm
Well I’ve just been on the Land Rover build your own website Totally shocked with the result 😂 Looks as if it’s not quite the right time to buy !!!!

1AB2C7C3-09FC-4A69-BC55-5C313359F428.jpeg
At least it would their reduce warranty claims.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

RafflesNH

Post by RafflesNH » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:11 pm

Thursday_next wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:54 pm
Hello

I started a thread asking for tips for buying a new P200 S and got some great advice. However, feedback from Carwow seems like now is a 'bad time' to buy. It seems that stock is low because of Covid, but equally I would have thought dealers were very keen to make a sale given that everything has been quiet for so long? I am so disappointed - I wasn't in a position to take up the excellent offers in January whereas I am ready to buy now.

I hope it is ok to start a new thread, but I wondered if anyone else is trying to buy new at the moment and would be happy to share % discount offered. It would be great to hear how this differs from anyone that has bought over the last 6 - 9 months too.

Thank you :-)

Thursday Next

I've just placed my order through Autoebid for a DS P250 HSE and got ~13% discount (£7600) including options. Cash or Finance discounts are exactly the same for this car. I believe you can also get a discount off a PHEV, but only around 7% (£3,700) for cash or finance.
https://www.autoebid.com
hth
Nigel
Current car 2009MY BMW E91 330i Touring Space Grey/Saddle Brown. Currently negotiating purchase of a new Discovery Sport HSE in Silicon Silver/Acorn.

badboy1984

Post by badboy1984 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:45 pm

I would say you have to shoo around with different dealers. Be prepare to walk if you don’t get a good deal. Also don’t talk to them like you are very desperate to buy a car. They needed sale and they want you to put the pen onto the paper on the same day.

I went to order my DS P200 SE and got a decent price, they also willing to take my Infiniti Q50 220d sport as well. Given the situation with Infiniti in UK, glad they willing to take the car.