MY 2020

All Discovery Sport related discussions
tl4244
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:44 pm

Re: MY 2020

Post by tl4244 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:19 pm

I have a 2020MY P200 S I did not go with the R Dynamic as I am not really bothered about the styling changes, plus I wanted to stay below the £40k limit to avoid the additional RFL.

I over the last few years I have owned a Merc E Class (W212 Diesel) and a C Class plug in hybrid (Petrol Electric).

The DS is the most comfortable, I am 6'4" and can have the seat fully up and fit in without a problem, I love the interior and the rise is better than my previous cars (and the C Class had air suspension). I am pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy, I am averaging around 28, but on a motorway run I get 34 to 36 MPG.

The car is slower than the C Class (although that was under 6 seconds 0-60) and the fuel economy is lower (on a run I could get 45MPG out of the C Class starting with a flat battery) but I did not by a 4x4 type vehicle and expect it to be fast or brilliant MPG (I do not think any sane person would).

I find the 9 speed box fine, it can be a little dim whited in some circumstances, but the same goes for all the other autos I have driven, it does change gear a lot, but it is no hassle to me and if you get a car with 9 gears you would expect it to use them. It is not the quickest off the line, but as above it is a relatively heavy 4x4 so there is only so much a gearbox can do!

The car came with the 14 way seats (added in by the factory at no cost) and there is a wireless charger for mobile phones, but other than that it is standard, looking at the options list (other than the panoramic roof) there is not really anything else I would want on the car. My biggest gripe is there is no cover over the cubby hole at the bottom of the centre console (where I used to keep loose change etc - although with the lockdown it has been a couple of months since I used and cash!) It is by far the nicest car I have ever owned. It is also good to be able to support UK manufacturing.

Deleted User 1592

Re: MY 2020

Post by Deleted User 1592 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:20 pm

Test drive arranged this next week + a defender as well.....wish the smaller radius wheels on the DS were a better visual design. My instict is no larger than 19" but the 20" look better imho.
Ref: Defender likey to be ruled out due to size, but I do prefer the view from the drivers seat compared to the DS.
Has anyone got the adaptive dynamics pack?

t2biker
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:06 am
Location: Solihull, England

Re: MY 2020

Post by t2biker » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Shakey wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:46 am
Ive done 4000miles in my 180 R Dynamic MY20 since February after having a D180 SE Tec 2017 with no problems, fuel consumption is good with loads of tech and gadgets, all good.

It is great towing and a much more refined drive than the old model.
Sharkey, When towing with your disc sport, what pressure do you put in your tyres ? I can't believe you are suppose to increase pressure to 50 psi all round !
On the old Disco sport, It was about 45 psi rear & no increase at the front !!

I had my new Disco sport the day after lockdown , the dealer fitted the wrong towbar ( with spare wheel....what a mess !) 9 weeks for them to put it right,
What's your fuel consumption like ?
The alarm bells are starting to ring with mine.....28 mpg !! Yes I know i've only done 500 miles ,but I could get that towing with the old car ! Its used half a tank of adblue now showing a rang of 6000 miles, and now its used a pint of oil !!
my old car used nothing not a drop in 4 years & 42,000 miles !! The dealer won't look at the car till its done 2000 miles !!!

One final question What rpm does your car do at 70 mph ? mines doing 1750 rpm the old car was 1400 rpm !!....30 mpg on the motorway .
Cheers
Colin
Discovery sport HSE 20 my D180 Firenze RED
Discovery Sport HSE Auto Kaikoura Stone, Now gone

BMW R1250 GS
BMW R1200 RS now gone

Gone Freelander 2 XE

Jimexpl
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:01 am

Re: MY 2020

Post by Jimexpl » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:19 am

Telemarkskier wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:20 pm
Test drive arranged this next week...
Has anyone got the adaptive dynamics pack?
Yes - it’s unlikely you’ll find one to test as it is almost never ordered on demo cars, because customers can’t ‘see’ why the car costs more.
For me, I wouldn’t accept DS without it, and waited for a factory order (2019 model year).
If you’re an enthusiastic driver then the damping capability is a significant step up over the standard car, and the increased responsiveness of the gearbox makes for a better drive.

The standard car is fine and will do the job perfectly well though, and I don’t know how the detail changes for a 2020 Models have affected it.
240 petrol HSE Luxury 2019MY Adaptive Dynamics

User avatar
PaulCP
Posts: 826
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:57 pm
Location: Suffolk

Re: MY 2020

Post by PaulCP » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Transforms the car, not just handling wise but from my experience on the D180, the gearbox behaviour as well.
Definitely a worthwhile option in my opinion. Should have been standard fit like the RRS used to be
Now: Lexus RX 450h F Sport + Premier Pack
GONE Jan 2018:- HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras,

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand

ntc
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: MY 2020

Post by ntc » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:13 pm

t2biker wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:35 pm
Shakey wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:46 am
Ive done 4000miles in my 180 R Dynamic MY20 since February after having a D180 SE Tec 2017 with no problems, fuel consumption is good with loads of tech and gadgets, all good.

It is great towing and a much more refined drive than the old model.
Sharkey, When towing with your disc sport, what pressure do you put in your tyres ? I can't believe you are suppose to increase pressure to 50 psi all round !
On the old Disco sport, It was about 45 psi rear & no increase at the front !!

I had my new Disco sport the day after lockdown , the dealer fitted the wrong towbar ( with spare wheel....what a mess !) 9 weeks for them to put it right,
What's your fuel consumption like ?
The alarm bells are starting to ring with mine.....28 mpg !! Yes I know i've only done 500 miles ,but I could get that towing with the old car ! Its used half a tank of adblue now showing a rang of 6000 miles, and now its used a pint of oil !!
my old car used nothing not a drop in 4 years & 42,000 miles !! The dealer won't look at the car till its done 2000 miles !!!

One final question What rpm does your car do at 70 mph ? mines doing 1750 rpm the old car was 1400 rpm !!....30 mpg on the motorway .
Cheers
Colin
Who was the dealer ? I would be very worried about your oil and ad blue use.
MY 2016.7 Hse Lux 180
Gone should have built it better shame nice car cheap parts fitted from new, expensive dealers :roll:
New Rav4 AWD Dynamic LOVE IT :D

sandbox
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: MY 2020

Post by sandbox » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Your adblue tank may not have been full when you took delivery of your car. Some people have noted this before on this forum.
Adblue usage is approx 1L per 500 miles (based on Land Rover literature for the MY20). The DEF tank capacity is 17L. So if full you would get approx 8,500 miles before empty. As you have driven 500 miles you have already used approx 1L.
Also, adblue usage does increase in the summer.

So combined, this means there may not be a problem. Best to monitor your usage from a known point in time and known miles to go figure.

t2biker
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:06 am
Location: Solihull, England

Re: MY 2020

Post by t2biker » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:02 pm

Adblue range was showing 12,500 miles when the car was delivered...now showing 6000 miles !
Towing my caravan in 2 weeks down to Cornwall....That will either kill it or cure it !!
Discovery sport HSE 20 my D180 Firenze RED
Discovery Sport HSE Auto Kaikoura Stone, Now gone

BMW R1250 GS
BMW R1200 RS now gone

Gone Freelander 2 XE

sandbox
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: MY 2020

Post by sandbox » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:02 pm

The manual does say:

“ The consumption of DEF can vary greatly. An average consumption rate can be 800 km (500 miles) / 1 Litre. However, this consumption rate can be more than doubled, depending on driving style, and road and weather conditions.”

I have certainly seen my DEF usage double during the hotter weather.

Pack a 10L bottle with you just in case and fill up when you get down to 1000 miles. (eBay ~£10).

ntc
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: MY 2020

Post by ntc » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:13 pm

sandbox wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:02 pm
The manual does say:

“ The consumption of DEF can vary greatly. An average consumption rate can be 800 km (500 miles) / 1 Litre. However, this consumption rate can be more than doubled, depending on driving style, and road and weather conditions.”

I have certainly seen my DEF usage double during the hotter weather.

Pack a 10L bottle with you just in case and fill up when you get down to 1000 miles. (eBay ~£10).
He has lost 5000 miles in 500 ???????????? then there is the oil use :o
MY 2016.7 Hse Lux 180
Gone should have built it better shame nice car cheap parts fitted from new, expensive dealers :roll:
New Rav4 AWD Dynamic LOVE IT :D

Post Reply