Jlr factories closing

All Discovery Sport related discussions
marcusp

Jlr factories closing

Post by marcusp » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:19 am

Just heard that jLR are closing in the current climate its fully understandable..
i had placed my order for a new p250 r dynamic in January and was expecting to take delivery the end of March to avoid the new increase in road funding licence. Unfortunately it looks like I may have to wait for a considerable while longer now but never mind in the grand scale of things when people are losing their loved ones a car is immaterial

Dashnine

Re: Jlr factories closing

Post by Dashnine » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:55 pm

it still might have scraped out of the factory before the closure, delivery date can be a couple of weeks after the build date (which is the Friday of the week it's been built - they all appear to be Friday cars!) - ask your dealer for the build date and if it's been built.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Stroh

Post by Stroh » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:09 pm

I ordered January 16, 2020, was built in February 6, 2020, not yet delivered to dealer. New expected handoff is March 28, 2020. Dealership wasn't expecting any further delays as of yesterday.
2020 DS P250 SE, Fuji White, Acorn Windsor Leather Heated and Cooled Seats, Premium Interior Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Meridian Surround Sound System with Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Black Exterior Pack, Technology Pack, Natural Shadow Oak Veneer!

SarahStreet

Post by SarahStreet » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:08 pm

Ask your retailer to check the status on vista. Unless you have ordered a vehicle with a stack of extras you should be fairly ok, but get them to check in any event.

marcusp

Post by marcusp » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Will do cheers

marcusp

Post by marcusp » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Spoke to guy salmon today. Car has been built and should be available for me to pick up on Thursday. Cant wait and a small light at the end of the tunnel of gloom at the moment

Stroh

Post by Stroh » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 pm

I am sweating whether my delivery is going to take place or not. The dealer says handoff on 28 March no expected delays. The paranoia over coronavirus has escalated to curfews and orders to stay home. Hopefully that won't interfere with delivery. We have been waiting for a long time I am really getting impatient. Every positive review or video makes me even more anxious to get into the Land Rover family.
2020 DS P250 SE, Fuji White, Acorn Windsor Leather Heated and Cooled Seats, Premium Interior Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Meridian Surround Sound System with Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Black Exterior Pack, Technology Pack, Natural Shadow Oak Veneer!

marcusp

Post by marcusp » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:45 am

I was due to collect mine Thursday. Dont think that will be happening now given the closure of all but essential shops etc.
Anyone know where I stand now with the increase in vehicle duty the 1/4 as its likely to be a month or so now before I am allowed to collect it

PedroT

Post by PedroT » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 am

I don’t suppose anyone really knows for sure, but It would not surprise me to find that DVLA will simply treat this as any other delay on a vehicle being registered before April 1st. Same as a factory delay, same as a delivery to dealer delay, etc.....
New 2020 S 150d with a few extras, kept just below £40k to reduce tax.
MY16 SE Plus Pano Roof Rev camera removable tow bar. Prev. Kia Sportage

kinell

Post by kinell » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:22 am

From my dealership this morning:

Following Boris Johnson’s announcement this evening directing everyone to stay at home, I am writing to inform you that we will be closing our businesses effective immediately, however some of our workshops will remain open to offer “Blue light”, emergency and breakdown only cover. This currently includes MOTs, as the government has not stated they will suspend MOT requirements.
I hope you will understand my utmost priority is the health and wellbeing of my colleagues, however as a team we want to offer you the highest possible levels of customer care that we can under what are very difficult circumstances. Therefore, there are a few points I would like to highlight to you:

Sales Operations

• If you are due to collect a vehicle on or after Tuesday 24th March then our Sales team colleagues will have already been or will be in contact to make the necessary arrangements.
• Should your vehicle be unavailable for collection by this date then our sales team colleagues will again be in contact to make alternative arrangements.
• Should this provide you with onward mobility challenges we will do everything possible to make alternative arrangements for you. Please speak or email your sales contact at the dealership on this matter.
• If you are still looking for a new or used vehicle:
- our sales teams will be working from home and will be happy to speak to or video conference you to discuss specific vehicles or help you in anyway.