First trip to the dealers

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Dashnine

Re: First trip to the dealers

Post by Dashnine » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Chippy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:34 pm
PhilMabbots17 posted a video showing that JLR had tested the door handles at -20C with 4mm ice cover to make sure that they opened. It seems they forgot that they need to close as well.
Presumably it'd been left unlocked all night, to get frost on the inside. Guess you have to test the not so obvious as well as the obvious.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Adventurer

Post by Adventurer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:04 pm

I'd be quite worried about the creaking dash.
I believe once some major item like this is removed it'll never be the same again. I hope they can refix it properly.
2018 MY DS 240 Si4 HSE (Petrol). Corris Grey, Almond, Privacy Glass, Side Steps, Roof Rails. Delivered December 2017.
Gone 2017 MY Discovery Sport 180 Auto HSE. Rejected after 12 months due to B Pillar fault.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:11 am

Adventurer wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:04 pm
I believe once some major item like this is removed it'll never be the same again. I hope they can refix it properly.
Me too Adventurer. I had somewhat similar problems with a Mercedes E class some years ago and it never really got completely sorted.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Mark Geraghty

Post by Mark Geraghty » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 pm

I’ve been driving my wife’s 7 year old Audi A3 today.....the DS is an amazing vehicle but boy, that Audi is so much better built. It’s been the garage 7 times I think (it’s yearly service)....my DS was in the stealers 12 times last year all for really stupid things.
MY17 HSE Lux 180 Auto. 5+2 seating. Santorini black & ivory leather. Running boards, roof rails & mud guards. Collected 28.12.16 from the excellent Marshalls of Melton Mowbray.
Gone - '57 Volvo V70 D5, SEAT Toldedo Tdi, Golf GT Tdi, Golf TD

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 am

Do I sense that you may also be leaving the fold sometime in the not too distant future Mark?

Bugginbob

Post by Bugginbob » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 am

Adventurer wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:04 pm
The creak from the dash Has stopped over the last few days so hopefully it just settling down after being removed. Just the oil leak, passenger sun visor rattle and headlight washer to sort on it’s next visit😂

Still it could be worse, my wife’s countryman has had a misfire, vacuum pipe, clutch and discs and pads all round in the last year, with only 22k on it! Drove it yesterday and it’s misfiring again!
MY17 HSE Black, Corris Grey, Diesel Auto
Mini Countryman Cooper S All4
Triumph Scrambler

Mark Geraghty

Post by Mark Geraghty » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Chippy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 am
Do I sense that you may also be leaving the fold sometime in the not too distant future Mark?
The DS is a remarkable vehicle. It has to be the best packaged car since the Mini. But I’m used to having a yearly service not a visit nearly every months. It’s back in again on Tuesday to resolve the squealing brakes. Rear brakes have been replaced in November and they’re still squealing. This is the first car I’ve had with so many silly issues. It’s reliable and fabulous to drive but the niggles wear you down. I’m thinking if I still need the extra seats then it’ll be a Q7 next - better built by a country mile. Or an XC90. I quite fancied upgrading to a RRS 7 seater but if they need monthly visits to the dealer then I can’t stay with Land Rover.
MY17 HSE Lux 180 Auto. 5+2 seating. Santorini black & ivory leather. Running boards, roof rails & mud guards. Collected 28.12.16 from the excellent Marshalls of Melton Mowbray.
Gone - '57 Volvo V70 D5, SEAT Toldedo Tdi, Golf GT Tdi, Golf TD

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Completely understandable Mark. It certainly can be tiring if you never know when the next problem might arise.

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”