Wheels and Sat Nav Maps

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Post Reply
aingarth
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Wheels and Sat Nav Maps

Post by aingarth » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:25 pm

Two quick questions if anyone can answer quickly please.

1 How do you re-set the tyre pressure control system if you move the wheels around back to front?
2 My Disco Sport was assembled in November 2018 and I took delivery at the end of November. It was clear that the sat Nav maps were already at least 9 months out of date because of new roads opened at the beginning of 2018 not on the system. Now, with the maps something like 3 years out of date, it is becoming a real problem such as the new A14 to A1 link road not included which resulted in about 1 hour detour and getting lost around Huntingdon on the way to a funeral. The dealer is still insisting that my map software is the latest available?
Disco Sport Landmark 180 auto New 29/11/2018
Subaru Impreza New 29/9/2007
Previous Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto New 29/09/2012
Previous Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto New 30/03/2007
Previous - BMW 525i Auto and 528i Auto

Chippy
Posts: 6165
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Location: Southern Germany

Re: Wheels and Sat Nav Maps

Post by Chippy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:48 pm

1. Tyre pressure sensors should reset themselves after you’ve driven for a couple of miles. I guess it’s described in the handbook as well.

2. If no other member can tell you what the latest software version is you should be able to find it using this link:

https://www.landrover.com/ownership/inc ... dates.html

I cannot believe that the version you have is still up to date. Sounds like a dealer porky.

Good luck.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

steveohanlon
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:34 pm
Location: South Central England

Re: Wheels and Sat Nav Maps

Post by steveohanlon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:07 pm

1 - As Chippy said the TPMS should reset after a few miles of driving.
2 - Latest map update is still ancient: 28.4.10727 released in Sept 2019. Map data from 2018 Q4. I checked and the link from A14 to A1 looks like its there. £97 is a lot for a map that is over two years out of date. I don't think they will be doing any more updates for the original InControl Touch.
2018 2.0 Si4 240hp HSE LUX

User avatar
Dashnine
Posts: 3711
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:18 pm
Location: Warwick, UK

Re: Wheels and Sat Nav Maps

Post by Dashnine » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:53 pm

aingarth wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:25 pm
Two quick questions if anyone can answer quickly please.

1 How do you re-set the tyre pressure control system if you move the wheels around back to front?
2 My Disco Sport was assembled in November 2018 and I took delivery at the end of November. It was clear that the sat Nav maps were already at least 9 months out of date because of new roads opened at the beginning of 2018 not on the system. Now, with the maps something like 3 years out of date, it is becoming a real problem such as the new A14 to A1 link road not included which resulted in about 1 hour detour and getting lost around Huntingdon on the way to a funeral. The dealer is still insisting that my map software is the latest available?
SatNav ‘software’ would typically mean the software that runs the SatNav, calculates the routes, etc. so your dealer may be right and it is the latest. There is a post on here with the latest versions you can compare to that installed (visible in a hidden menu in the SatNav, see the post for details).

The map data can be updated through the link above, but you’ll gain a couple of years of changes, but not much more. So the new A14 / A1 link road won’t be on it (and never will be given Here have stopped updates), but the A14 / M6 changes are on the latest maps. It’s always fun driving ‘across fields’ on a new road as the SatNav goes bonkers rerouting on each road you cross.

Constantly amazed how people blindly follow the SatNav and ignore the road signs, I’ve been through the new link road - it’s all clearly signed!
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

aingarth
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Re: Wheels and Sat Nav Maps

Post by aingarth » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:25 pm

Dear Dashine,
Thanks for your feedback. As my map data appears to be 3 years out of date, it was specifically map updates I have asked the dealer for. The most recent time was November 2020 and the answer was no updates on what is installed.
We travelled south on the A1, heading for the A14 and M11 heading for the QE2 bridge. As we haven’t done much travelling since lockdowns started in 2020, I was unaware that the everlasting roadworks on the A14 had actually completed. We last completed a journey on this route in autumn 2019. The signs gave no indication that we should have travelled further south to access the A14 from the new junction so we left at the usual ( old) junction confirmed by the sat nav and ended up in a diversion nightmare. And we had a new 2021 map book which also didn’t have the revised details. In future, will always use the online AA route planner.
I was actually unaware that you could update the SD map card yourself. The handbook doesn’t say this and the dealer never mentioned it. I assume it works OK? This is another area where JLR does itself and customers no favours. As an example, Mazda give free updates every 6 months for 5 years after which there is a small charge and many of the accessory sat Nav devices give free updates for life with very frequent updates.
Disco Sport Landmark 180 auto New 29/11/2018
Subaru Impreza New 29/9/2007
Previous Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto New 29/09/2012
Previous Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto New 30/03/2007
Previous - BMW 525i Auto and 528i Auto

sandbox
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Wheels and Sat Nav Maps

Post by sandbox » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:21 am

aingarth wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:25 pm
Dear Dashine,
Thanks for your feedback. As my map data appears to be 3 years out of date, it was specifically map updates I have asked the dealer for. The most recent time was November 2020 and the answer was no updates on what is installed.
We travelled south on the A1, heading for the A14 and M11 heading for the QE2 bridge. As we haven’t done much travelling since lockdowns started in 2020, I was unaware that the everlasting roadworks on the A14 had actually completed. We last completed a journey on this route in autumn 2019. The signs gave no indication that we should have travelled further south to access the A14 from the new junction so we left at the usual ( old) junction confirmed by the sat nav and ended up in a diversion nightmare. And we had a new 2021 map book which also didn’t have the revised details. In future, will always use the online AA route planner.
I was actually unaware that you could update the SD map card yourself. The handbook doesn’t say this and the dealer never mentioned it. I assume it works OK? This is another area where JLR does itself and customers no favours. As an example, Mazda give free updates every 6 months for 5 years after which there is a small charge and many of the accessory sat Nav devices give free updates for life with very frequent updates.
The information you asked for is in the owner’s handbook:

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/doc ... c/G1918296

As well as the link to the dedicated map page listed above:

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/i ... dates.html

While I use satnav, I don’t rely
2016 D180 Auto

aingarth
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Re: Wheels and Sat Nav Maps

Post by aingarth » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:18 pm

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, using the JLR map updater on my In Control Touch SD card indicates that no updates are available. So the dealer is correct. But it does mean that the maps on my system are as delivered with my new car in November 2018 and do not include some road updates already opened in earlier2018 (such as the revised A57 junction with the A1). It means anything opened since my car was new such as the A14/A1 Huntingdon by-pass and the South Manchester A555 extension, both opened in late 2019 are not covered. When much cheaper cars get frequent updates as well as expensive ones (Mercedes) and I can still get free updates for an extremely old Navman on screen device, what is the point in having a built in model which ages with the car? Updates to the DVD which was on my previous Freelander were available every six to nine months although at a cost. It really is a JLR own goal.
Disco Sport Landmark 180 auto New 29/11/2018
Subaru Impreza New 29/9/2007
Previous Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto New 29/09/2012
Previous Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto New 30/03/2007
Previous - BMW 525i Auto and 528i Auto

sandbox
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Wheels and Sat Nav Maps

Post by sandbox » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:09 pm

aingarth wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:18 pm
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, using the JLR map updater on my In Control Touch SD card indicates that no updates are available. So the dealer is correct. But it does mean that the maps on my system are as delivered with my new car in November 2018 and do not include some road updates already opened in earlier2018 (such as the revised A57 junction with the A1). It means anything opened since my car was new such as the A14/A1 Huntingdon by-pass and the South Manchester A555 extension, both opened in late 2019 are not covered. When much cheaper cars get frequent updates as well as expensive ones (Mercedes) and I can still get free updates for an extremely old Navman on screen device, what is the point in having a built in model which ages with the car? Updates to the DVD which was on my previous Freelander were available every six to nine months although at a cost. It really is a JLR own goal.
No , your maps are not up-to-date, as has been said in another thread.

Please use the forum search function and you will find the full map version history:

Version, Date Released, Date of Actual Maps
JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEEU2014Q1;20140828) (2014 Q1) Original ~2015
25.3.9550 Sept 2016 (2015 Q3)
26.1.9780 Feb 2017 (2016 Q1)
26.3.9908 June 2017 (2016 Q3)
27.1.10033 Sept 2018 (2017 Q1)
27.3.10292 Dec 2018 (2017 Q3)
28.1.10507 May 2019 (2018 Q1)
28.4.10727 Sept 2019 (2018 Q4)

From the app, you need to select buy new maps, not update.

Your map data is from Sept 2018 (covering up to 2017 Q1) and you can buy 28.4.10727 Sept 2019 (2018 Q4) for £97 using the map updater app.
2016 D180 Auto

Post Reply