Why buy from a main dealer?

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Hughjarse

Re: Why buy from a main dealer?

Post by Hughjarse » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:34 am

Barnsh wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Just make sure any servicing , which you can see on line, is completed on the JLR system ...otherwise the main dealer may say your warranty is invalid if you have an issue due to no service or something daft.
It doesn’t have to be done at a main dealer , but needs to be on their system.
Is this the "TOPIX" website Ive read about where you need the VIN? Can Joe Bloggs logon?

Car has 20 months left on LR warranty.
Im a coeliac so dealer pastries are wasted
Im sure I could organise another taster day with the money saved - as well as an extended warranty?

I'll probably pop along today and have a good look. Im interested in knowing where it came from ( Do Business buy fleets of these as they seem to have a few of the same?)

Thanks for the info from everyone - armed with knowledge is the best approach!

HmmmUK

Post by HmmmUK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:31 am

No it's different than TOPIx.
The OSH (online service history) website has recently changed so that no login is required just a VIN which you can get from the windscreen: https://osh.landrover.com/

As someone else said, check for 'extras' the non-LR dealer might charge you. Also see what deal LR can do if you chat with them, there's nothing to lose. I would like the LR Approved Used warranty*.

*EDIT - I missed the 20 months warranty left, so not so bad.
Long time Land Rover owner thinking about a new one! ...Bought a MY15 Evoque 2.2L in Nov 17.
80", 90", Range Rover Classic, Freelander, Discovery

Hughjarse

Post by Hughjarse » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:02 pm

If anyone interested - Went to see the car. They've had the car since September when it was bought from a private seller. The car originally came from LR Wolverhampton.

Checked the VIN as advised on here. ( Its a sept 17 car) Service was done at 12 months and 12,000 miles. Its states "Arduous Interim Service" ( including oil and filter.) I've read loads on the forum on here to understand why thats happened. 12 month service interval doesn't worry me .
Theres no outstanding work on the https://osh.landrover.com/ website.

Am I correct in thinking that "Arduous Interim Service" is the full service??? Is that service A as I know it??

HmmmUK

Post by HmmmUK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 pm

We are all interested! ;)
'Interim' sounds like the interim oil service due to diesel dilution to me.

'Arduous' - that sounds strange (to me)!
FULL service isn't due until 2 years/21k miles.

If they've had the car since September - then I wouldn't be in any rush - that's a LONG time.
So if it's the one you want you should be able to get a better price if you haggle - even though they say they don't haggle! Or there's something wrong with it.

As I said before, try talking to LR, they will haggle...
Long time Land Rover owner thinking about a new one! ...Bought a MY15 Evoque 2.2L in Nov 17.
80", 90", Range Rover Classic, Freelander, Discovery

scubajess

Post by scubajess » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 pm

I had the oil and filter changed on mine at 10,000 miles, by the main dealer. This was my decision and not due to oil dilution. I'm of the opinion that, no matter what any car maker claims, 21,000 miles is way to far to go without an oil change. I have, and always will change the oil on any vehicle that I own every 10,000 miles or every 12 months which ever comes first. I have never had an engine problem with any vehicle I have owned. This now shows on the online service history as Arduous Interim Service ( including oil and filter). Apparently there is no other way to enter it onto the osh by the dealer.
Discovery Sport HSE Luxury 180 now gone. Replaced with a very much superior Volvo XC60 D5 SE Luxury 220BHP AWD Geartronic.
Full leather, privacy glass etc. :D

Hughjarse

Post by Hughjarse » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm

HmmmUK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 pm

If they've had the car since September - then I wouldn't be in any rush - that's a LONG time.
So if it's the one you want you should be able to get a better price if you haggle - even though they say they don't haggle! Or there's something wrong with it.

Just looking at main dealers now and am I correct that the HSE Black is in the higher (£450) road tax bracket than the standard HSE??? (Post April 2017) . Didn't see that one coming if I have it right.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Hughjarse wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm
HmmmUK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Just looking at main dealers now and am I correct that the HSE Black is in the higher (£450) road tax bracket than the standard HSE??? (Post April 2017) . Didn't see that one coming if I have it right.
There’s no such thing as a HSE Black as a model in its own right anymore, it’s a HSE with black pack option. So both are in the ‘luxury’ tax bracket
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Arduous Interim Service is only supposed to apply to vehicles shipped to the Pacific Rim or MENA regions.

As the vehicle is deemed a MY18 (Sep 17 = MY18), then they will have absolved themselves as a manufacturer of the previous MY claim of 2 years/21000 miles between services, and all Marketing literature relating to MY18 will have been updated to reflect this.

Presumably, "Arduous Interim Service" for UK vehicles is manufacturer waffle for "we got it wrong for MY17, and this is how we get around it without having to offer complimentary oil and filter changes"
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

roydonaldson

Post by roydonaldson » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:40 am

Any idea how long after a service it should take for this to appear in your cars OSH ?

Had 21k service done yesterday and can't see it has having been updated online ?

Roy.
2017 Discovery Pro, HSE, Nav Pro.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:47 am

roydonaldson wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:40 am
Any idea how long after a service it should take for this to appear in your cars OSH ?

Had 21k service done yesterday and can't see it has having been updated online ?

Roy.
It shou,d have been done before the vehicle was handed back to you. Phone them and tell them to get cracking!
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”