Newly in Northumberland

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wool

Newly in Northumberland

Post by Wool » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:11 pm

Took delivery of used DS early December. 12k and presented on perfect condition by Lloyd’s LR in Carlisle.
Done a couple of Thousand miles and very pleased with it. Ran Hyundai and Nissan X trail from brand new before so lashing out best part of 30k for a used car was new to me but to date the DS has been a good move. The previous Far Eastern offerings had their knocks and squeaks even from new so pleased I went up market.
Only biggie for now is Satnav which the dealer has booked me in for software upgrade etc to hopefully resolve my issues.
For now, enjoying the DS and Lloyd’s customer service.
MY17 DS HSE Manual 180, Electric towbar, Santorini Black . Service pack inc.

Past master

Re: Newly in Northumberland

Post by Past master » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:15 pm

I don't think you'll be disappointed - it's a great car to drive. And if you get fed up with Lloyds, TVLR aren't too far away. You'll find the black really shows the dirt on those Northumberland roads, but with MY16 you shouldn't use too much adblue. While the service pack is applicable you should get free interim oil changes too. Unfortunately it only covers 50000 miles so mine will run out soon.
Things to do :
register on TOPIx to check all your updates are done, and update your location on here, which can be helpful if you have queries or interaction with other members.
Enjoy!
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black

Wool

Post by Wool » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:11 pm

Thanks for the tips. Unlike some I have read about on here, the car was fully serviced priory to handover to me. Sad to hear some dealers are releasing cars needing oil changes within a month or so. I’m pleased to see an area of the forum where people are being positive too.
I’l post progress on the satnav once looked at next month.

County

Post by County » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:04 am

:lol: Once update you'll be able to find your way around.

Welcome and enjoy the beast, from the north east, even though you bought it in the best county.
:D B 1984 RR Vouge, Then BMW. Back to LR, H 1991 Disco 1, L 1993 Disco, N 1996 Disco, Y 2001 Disco, 53 Disco 2, 56 Disco 3
MY10 FL2 TD4 XS [Nav], MY13 FL2 TD4 GS Auto
MY15 DS SE Tech Auto Firenze Red 2.2 FL engine!

rosec2

Post by rosec2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:17 pm

Hello from another newbie!
I'm jealous that you have black, that's always my colour of choice but my Firenze Red does at least have the black roof!

Rose.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Black - so 2016, but it looks fantastic when it’s clean and gleaming! Then it rains.
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Wool

Re: Newbie in Northumberland

Post by Wool » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:38 pm

I have to say, compared to my previous black Xtrail, the LR paint is far superior. My 2 year old DS looks better than the Xtrail did when delivered brand new, even on a rainy day!

Return to “Introductions”