Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
Chrisjpark

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by Chrisjpark » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:11 am

I’m booked with the dealer first thing Monday morning. See what sort of deal I can get.

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:17 am

Shop round. I managed a 20% plus discount. The deals are there to be had, but you need to search them out. Who was cheapest last week won’t be the same person that’s cheapest this week. It all down to sales figures, taking a stock car if it suits etc. etc.

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:03 am

The only thing I am starting to doubt is whether my options are really worth adding an extra £100 a month on to my PCP cost. Is it worth it for the entertainment pack and ACC?

It amazes me that options aren’t added (or at least partly) to the GMFV and the whole cost of options is paid for over the PCP term. There is no negotiation with this it would seem, I either want the options or not, the dealership doesn’t seem to be bothered either way.

If it helps, my pcp terms were £470 pm / 48 months / £500 deposit / 13k miles + options on top - if this helps with benchmarking deals etc
MY19 Discovery Sport Landmark Edition
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
ACC + Queue assist
Blind spot and reverse traffic monitoring
Entertainment Pack + Incontrol Pro
USB’s everywhere!
Service Pack

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:18 am

You’ve lost me with the PCP thing, but £100 per month over so many months probably isn’t worth it. I’ve had both screens, yes I prefer the bigger one that comes with the entertainment package, but not at £2,250 or whatever it is.

Oh, just seen it’s over 48 months, so in effect it would cost you £4,800! :shock:

Normally, I email dealers all around the country with what my trade in is, what I want and ask them for a change price. I wait until I see what they send and cut it down to half a dozen. I then say I’ll take finance and how much do I get contribution for that. The deal is done and all I do is pay off the finance within a day, you are allowed 7 days to do this, after this time I think it’s about £115 or so. All it cost me just over £6 in interest for one day, but the contribution was £2k. LR finance don’t reclaim it back from you. There’s nothing in the fine print to allow them to do this.

Late summer 2018 I did this. I didn’t have a trade in, so I flew from Inverness to Manchester. Guy Salmon, Stockport picked me up from the airport and I drove back. An hour to get down. Think it took me 8 hours to drive back.

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:22 pm

The £100 a month is basically the equivalent of the total cost of the options (£4600 plus interest I guess)

Pcp is my only route as essentially I’m getting a £750 a month car allowance through the business to cover car and costs.

Wish I had a spare £42k knocking around though ;)

On the basis I was signed up to a Velar at £625 a month in seeing it as a £55 a month saving.
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
ACC + Queue assist
USB’s everywhere!
Service Pack

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Okay, just not up on PCP.

It was a D5 I got, I wish I’d got it for £42k. :lol: the temptation was to hang onto the cash, but you’re a long time dead.

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:19 pm

The Highlander wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:30 pm
Okay, just not up on PCP.

It was a D5 I got, I wish I’d got it for £42k. :lol: the temptation was to hang onto the cash, but you’re a long time dead.
If you’ve got it, spend it! That’s my motto.

“There’s no pockets in a shroud” as my grandma used to say. How true!
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
ACC + Queue assist
USB’s everywhere!
Service Pack

Chrisjpark

Post by Chrisjpark » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Wow. 20%+ discount is some going. Quotes I have had so far are maxing around about 11%. I’m slightly limited with my choice of dealer as am based in Northern Ireland. Having said that I did travel to Aberdeen for my Audi. I would prefer to deal over here though if I can get them anywhere close to the English prices. I’ll keep you posted tomorrow. Thanks for the help and advice.

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Think it was 25.6% off list including finance incentive. I worked it out on exact like for like trading in a 2 yr old DS HSE with 20k miles, change price was something like £6.6k. I’ve got the official quote for non believers.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:01 am

Chrisjpark wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 pm
Wow. 20%+ discount is some going. Quotes I have had so far are maxing around about 11%. I’m slightly limited with my choice of dealer as am based in Northern Ireland. Having said that I did travel to Aberdeen for my Audi. I would prefer to deal over here though if I can get them anywhere close to the English prices. I’ll keep you posted tomorrow. Thanks for the help and advice.
Remember that's for a D5, not a DS - might be a completely different situation in terms of discounts, time of month, quarter, year, stock car, etc.
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Return to “Introductions”