Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
Chrisjpark
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:37 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by Chrisjpark » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Fixed pano roof is included


The Highlander
Posts: 2232
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:34 am
Location: Gone For Good - Bye
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by The Highlander » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Oh, didn’t think it was when they kicked off with the Landmark to start with.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s good value compared to a HSE particularly if it just lacks fog light that you never use.

They used to be good on single track roads for picking up sheep and deer, but I find the LEDs on the D5 don’t need any supplementary lighting for that.


User avatar
gazb84
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by gazb84 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:20 pm

The Highlander wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:21 pm
Oh, didn’t think it was when they kicked off with the Landmark to start with.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s good value compared to a HSE particularly if it just lacks fog light that you never use.

They used to be good on single track roads for picking up sheep and deer, but I find the LEDs on the D5 don’t need any supplementary lighting for that.
The crazy thing is the Landmark still comes badged as a HSE so I struggle to understand why someone would choose a HSE when the Landmark is available unless I am missing something?
MY19 Discovery Sport Landmark Edition
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
Side steps/running boards
ACC + Queue assist
Blind spot and reverse traffic monitoring
Entertainment Pack + Incontrol Pro
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan


User avatar
Dashnine
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:18 pm
Location: Warwick, UK
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by Dashnine » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:02 pm

gazb84 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:20 pm
The Highlander wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:21 pm
Oh, didn’t think it was when they kicked off with the Landmark to start with.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s good value compared to a HSE particularly if it just lacks fog light that you never use.

They used to be good on single track roads for picking up sheep and deer, but I find the LEDs on the D5 don’t need any supplementary lighting for that.
The crazy thing is the Landmark still comes badged as a HSE so I struggle to understand why someone would choose a HSE when the Landmark is available unless I am missing something?
Other engines other than D180. Back when globally announced petrol was mentioned too, but we just get the diesel in the UK, not sure if petrol Landmarks are sold in other countries.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black


User avatar
gazb84
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by gazb84 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Dashnine wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:02 pm
gazb84 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:20 pm
The Highlander wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:21 pm
Oh, didn’t think it was when they kicked off with the Landmark to start with.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s good value compared to a HSE particularly if it just lacks fog light that you never use.

They used to be good on single track roads for picking up sheep and deer, but I find the LEDs on the D5 don’t need any supplementary lighting for that.
The crazy thing is the Landmark still comes badged as a HSE so I struggle to understand why someone would choose a HSE when the Landmark is available unless I am missing something?
Other engines other than D180. Back when globally announced petrol was mentioned too, but we just get the diesel in the UK, not sure if petrol Landmarks are sold in other countries.
Good point with the engine and fuel type!
MY19 Discovery Sport Landmark Edition
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
Side steps/running boards
ACC + Queue assist
Blind spot and reverse traffic monitoring
Entertainment Pack + Incontrol Pro
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan


decho
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:52 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by decho » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:27 pm

Oh yes, I love the Pano roof and I think the inside is really classy with the darker colours on roof trim etc. In fact it's a fabulous car, just hope it is HALF as reliable as the FL2.
The only thing I can't see is fog lamps which by all accounts is probably for the best.
Early days but I have to say I really like the car!
Beautiful 2018 Landmark in Corris Grey....with ugly LR tow bar!


jonet
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Shropshire

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by jonet » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:46 pm

The Highlander wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:55 pm
Doesn’t have a pano roof either I think?
Landmark has everything the HSE has except the front fog lights, it has the dynamic lux 290 front bumper but the lower part of it is not body coloured like on the dynamic lux. Extra to HSE spec is the black roof lining, heated steering wheel, Carpathian roof, grey wheels, grey metal trims on the centre console and most significantly to someone who owned a HSE Black before this one.....a gloss black pedestrian air bag cover. 8-)
2018 MY19 Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 Landmark. Narvik Black

2016 MY17 Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 HSE Black, Yulong White.

2007 Freelander 2 2.2 TD4 SE, Zermatt Silver.

2004 Discovery 2 2.5 TD5 Landmark, Giverny Green.


User avatar
Dashnine
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:18 pm
Location: Warwick, UK
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by Dashnine » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:28 pm

jonet wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:46 pm
....and most significantly to someone who owned a HSE Black before this one.....a gloss black pedestrian air bag cover. 8-)
Grrrrrr
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black


Chrisjpark
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:37 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by Chrisjpark » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:47 pm

I think I’m sold.


User avatar
gazb84
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by gazb84 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Chrisjpark wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:47 pm
I think I’m sold.
Go for it mate. Join the club 😉
MY19 Discovery Sport Landmark Edition
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
Side steps/running boards
ACC + Queue assist
Blind spot and reverse traffic monitoring
Entertainment Pack + Incontrol Pro
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan


Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”