Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
gazb84

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by gazb84 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Chrisjpark wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:51 pm
And hereby lies the confusion gazb. That’s what you were told by the dealer and also what I am being told. Yet there are others on the forum who are saying otherwise. I have also received the the following from the DVLA:

“Hi Christoper,

I can confirm that the fee for vehicle tax is not included in the list price.

The list price or notional price includes any options added by the manufacturer before delivery to the dealer/retailer. The list price also includes any delivery charges for the vehicle, including any pre-delivery inspection costs and VAT. The price also includes the price it would be to buy any leased items i.e. electric batteries.

Any options fitted by the retailer are not included in the list price. Also any incentive options such as track days, servicing or warranties.

Please see further details below:

What’s Included?
Manufacturers Recommended Retail Price
The price of any non-standard option fitted by the manufacturer
VAT
Delivery charges inc. pre delivery inspection charges

What’s Not Included?
Warranty/Insurance and Service packages etc
The price of any non-standard option fitted by the dealer
Modifications for disabled users
First Registration fee and cost of first licence

I hope this is of assistance to you.”

It would appear the dealers are not doing their job. Or maybe they are and upselling in the case of gazb. If I knew I was going over the 40k then I would do the same and add a few extras to justify it.
I think it’s pretty straight forward if you add metallic paint then you go over £40k irrespective of other costs that may/may not be included. The £39,990 OTR price for narvik leaves nothing left in the pot for met paint or anything else.

Just go with what you really want in the car, don’t worry about the tax as you’ll be disappointed in your decision in a few months time.
MY19 Discovery Sport Landmark Edition
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
Side steps/running boards
ACC + Queue assist
Blind spot and reverse traffic monitoring
Entertainment Pack + Incontrol Pro
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan

Chrisjpark

Post by Chrisjpark » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Gazb.

This is the point. The 39990 for the Narvik black is the OTR price. This includes tax and registration fees. This is not part of the list price. The list price for Narvik black is 39105. 55 reg fee and 830 tax take s it to 39990. Effectively you should have around 900 to play with for extras. This is where the ‘sales’ people are misleading.

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:58 pm

Chrisjpark wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 pm
Gazb.

This is the point. The 39990 for the Narvik black is the OTR price. This includes tax and registration fees. This is not part of the list price. The list price for Narvik black is 39105. 55 reg fee and 830 tax take s it to 39990. Effectively you should have around 900 to play with for extras. This is where the ‘sales’ people are misleading.
Ah right I get you now mate! Sorry for adding to the confusion! I’ve read a lot of reviews saying the standard entertainment system / screen is pretty poor so if there’s any upgrades to consider the entertainment pack seems to be the one!
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
ACC + Queue assist
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan

decho

Post by decho » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Well, I have the Corris Grey Landmark and I am almost certain that I am going to pay £140.
No extras though which is why I went for the dealer fit towbar.
I will confirm on my return from holiday and if not Pentland Landrover will be getting a visit from me!
Beautiful 2018 Landmark in Corris Grey....with ugly LR tow bar!

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:32 pm

At least with my D5 I was well, well over the £40k.

I’d been used to £500 a year excise licence with the D4, had a reprise for the DS HSE, prior to the tax change, but now feel I should be playing my part in propping up the economy. :lol:

Chrisjpark

Post by Chrisjpark » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Be interesting to see what the v5 states decho. Happy for you use use the wording I received from DVLA to argue the loint if otherwise.

Any other landmark owners with metallic paint and no options able to confirm what the bottom of their v5 states ?

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:52 pm

The Highlander wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:32 pm

I’d been used to £500 a year excise licence with the D4, had a reprise for the DS HSE, prior to the tax change, but now feel I should be playing my part in propping up the economy. :lol:
Yes my thoughts too if I’m going to pay extra I’ll push the boat out a bit further on cost and make it worth it.
I’d hate to pay extra tax for being a tenner over £40k.
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

jonet

Post by jonet » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi,
I have a new Landmark in Narvik Black, but I have the detachable factory fitted towbar - a £715 option so more than the cost of metallic. This keeps it within the £40k, because you do not need to take the first year registration and VED into the calculation of RRP. The car is definitely in the normal £140 tax band, just checked the V5 nothing on the front and taxation class just listed as diesel car.

Absolutely great car, no problems so far - even like the Incontrol Touch and I had the Touch Pro on my last one.
2018 MY19 Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 Landmark. Narvik Black

2016 MY17 Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 HSE Black, Yulong White.

2007 Freelander 2 2.2 TD4 SE, Zermatt Silver.

2004 Discovery 2 2.5 TD5 Landmark, Giverny Green.

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:52 pm
The Highlander wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Yes my thoughts too if I’m going to pay extra I’ll push the boat out a bit further on cost and make it worth it.
I’d hate to pay extra tax for being a tenner over £40k.
With the sound of it the extra £350 road tax per year is the least of any DS owners worries if some of the stories on this forum are anything to go by!
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
ACC + Queue assist
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan

Chrisjpark

Post by Chrisjpark » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:33 pm

Thanks jonet. Good to know.

Gazb, most car forums appear to be the same. A place to to complain, but there does seem to be plenty of good experiences too. The biggest issue appears to be the oil dilution and the service schedules.

Return to “Introductions”