Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
The Highlander

Re: Poss new Landmark customer. Tax Query

Post by The Highlander » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:29 am

The 20% plus was for a DS. It was a factory order.

The present D5 was 18%+, but a physical stock car.

Neither dealership was particularly happy about me getting a financial incentive re LR finance. Think this was down to me asking about penalties if I cancelled it within a day or two. It probably cost them if i withdrew.

But you are right it’s all down to the circumstance of the particular dealership at that instant in time, that’s why it’s no good me recommending one place based on cost. It will all have changed.

Email all the LR dealerships and see what comes back. Avoid the ones who want to talk with you over the phone without a price, it will only add to the time it takes. Narrow it down first, then phone.

Carwow prices are uninspired. There’s a lot better out there.

Chrisjpark

Post by Chrisjpark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:12 am

Well I made the jump.

DS Landmark in Yulong White with extra USB in 2nd and 3rd row. That’s about all I could fit in with the extras.

Took a few non factory extras including mud flaps and boot liner as well as the service plan and heavily discounted alloy wheel insurance. (My wife struggles with kerbs). Lifeshine added in for free. Not sure if it’s any good, but for free...

In total I ended up with a discount of around 12%. Could have probably got a little more if I shopped around the mainland, but then I would have had the costs of getting it back over here. Car due on 1st March. Even though this is my wife’s car I’m very much looking forward to driving it.

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:49 am

Sounds nice.

I went for extra USBs with a DS I had, but the kids didn’t use them as they tend to charge up their iPhones before they get in the car, so when I went for the D5 I didn’t specify any. Then I found out it has them 2nd and 3rd row anyway. :roll:

XT9710

Post by XT9710 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:46 am

scrub the usb's just put adaptors in the 12v cig lighter sockets

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:48 am

True, it’s a lot cheaper. I don’t know how they justify the amount the charge for essentially a USB port and a couple of wires when you can buy a USB for the house for a quid.

Chrisjpark

Post by Chrisjpark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:42 am

I sort of agree about the cost of the usb. However with the kids it is very handy. And the amount of times the adapters go missing is unreal. And in the grand scheme of things it wasn’t breaking the bank to put them in.

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 am

I’ve just had my build date confirmed as 22/2/19 For handover end of March.

USB’s were a bugbear for me. I had spec’d then until I released there would be 12v sockets that I could stick a couple of adaptors in for a couple of quid rather than couple of hundred.

I have gone for the extra one up front for me though!

Sounds like you got a decent deal too with the bits chucked in.
MY19 Discovery Sport Landmark Edition
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
Side steps/running boards
ACC + Queue assist
Blind spot and reverse traffic monitoring
Entertainment Pack + Incontrol Pro
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan

XT9710

Post by XT9710 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:59 am

I think you get a 12v in the boot too. at parcel shelf height , sending a charge lead over the shoulder rather than down at kick level rear of centre console. mine has usb and 12v in boot.

Never mind loosing the adapter, my kids lost the leads . special converter leads that charge phones and nintendo switch, gone, lost, disapearo

County

Post by County » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:08 am

XT9710 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:59 am
I think you get a 12v in the boot too. at parcel shelf height , sending a charge lead over the shoulder rather than down at kick level rear of centre console. mine has usb and 12v in boot.

Never mind loosing the adapter, my kids lost the leads . special converter leads that charge phones and nintendo switch, gone, lost, disapearo
Yest there is a 12v supply in the boot, I use that for the fan for the dog cage in the summer 8-)
:D B 1984 RR Vouge, Then BMW. Back to LR, H 1991 Disco 1, L 1993 Disco, N 1996 Disco, Y 2001 Disco, 53 Disco 2, 56 Disco 3
MY10 FL2 TD4 XS [Nav], MY13 FL2 TD4 GS Auto
MY15 DS SE Tech Auto Firenze Red 2.2 FL engine!

Return to “Introductions”