D5 seems to be just the V6 as -9 says.
I’d make sure you read ( search for) threads for :

Oil dilution
Brake disk corrosion
DPF fault
Sluggish auto gear box
Requirements for Car play ...if you want it
Sat nav differences between 8 inch and 10 inch
Poor halogen headlights as standard on some models ( candles would be brighter)

If your happy having test driven it ( get one for a day) drive your normal route.
Then go in with eyes open, get the right spec and options.

Remember JLR will not add options not configured at manufacture and are not available as a dealer extra, tow bars etc) . Your stuck with your choice so get it right.
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

richy

Re: Newbie with Landmark on order

Post by richy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:00 am

Guys I have had two v6 diesels one in an S Type and the other an XF, they are superb engines, oil dilution isn't a new issue it has been around ever since the government introduced the mandatory of DPF filters in car exhausts. The only difference now is the car tells you about it, surely a positive thing. I can remember when my mondeo required a service every 10k and that was before DPF's and using synthetic oil. Anyway sorry to bore you about towbars but can anyone recommend a good towbar electrics supplier with the rotary mounting. Looked online Devon 4x4 seem to have the product anyone bought one.
Richy

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 am

richy wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:00 am
Guys I have had two v6 diesels one in an S Type and the other an XF, they are superb engines, oil dilution isn't a new issue it has been around ever since the government introduced the mandatory of DPF filters in car exhausts. The only difference now is the car tells you about it, surely a positive thing. I can remember when my mondeo required a service every 10k and that was before DPF's and using synthetic oil. Anyway sorry to bore you about towbars but can anyone recommend a good towbar electrics supplier with the rotary mounting. Looked online Devon 4x4 seem to have the product anyone bought one.
Richy
Oil dilution is not new as you say, however the TDv6 is currently calling fir a service every 3000 to 5000 miles.
The vehicles with this defect and the reason for it are described in the JLR document JLRP 00100 which is on the forum if you care to search fir it.
This document distinctly rules out the XF due to “hardware and architectural differences,” I’d suggest you read that as a starting point.
JLR haven’t given away millions of gallons of oil for no reason.

https://www.docdroid.net/KUMbEu2/2017-0 ... lution.pdf
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

richy

Post by richy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:06 pm

I think you may be exaggerating, I'm sure JLR havent given away millions of gallons of oil. Can we get back to towbar electrics.

Wash.FTM

Post by Wash.FTM » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:58 am

richy wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:06 pm
I think you may be exaggerating, I'm sure JLR havent given away millions of gallons of oil. Can we get back to towbar electrics.
Richy I'm not one to show people how to suck eggs but my ds has had 4 oil changes in 13 months and that is no exaggeration. I have covered 20k miles since I've had the car. If you're goi g for a ds try the petrol version as it doesn't suffer with oil dilution
15plate ds hse manual green rejected due to them not sorting out problem. Exchanged for 16 plate ds hse luxury auto with black pack.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:59 am

richy wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:06 pm
Whilst the true figure may/may not run into millions, I can assure you there is no exaggeration in terms of the problem. This is a global issue, and a worldwide bulletin issued accordingly, which provides oil and filters on a goodwill basis. Just the members of this forum alone who have had the issue would put the figure into thousands of gallons, consider that globally, and not just with the DS as other Ingenium powered derivatives are also affected, and you will see the true scale of the problem. Eyes wide open, if you please.

I might also point out that your current V6 power plants are Ford (Euro 4/5) and not JLR's infamous AJ200 Ingenium; the engine itself is not the real issue - it's the position of the SCRF system that is the root cause of the problem, as has been discussed to death countlessly since MY2015.5

And finally....my Ford/PSA Euro 5 unit in my Freelander has never suffered with oil dilution either, principally because it doesn't have to actively regenerate all the time, as the exhaust and turbo layout allows soot to burn off the DPF through heat alone, whereas this particular engine does not have the capability to do so. As you will find out for yourself within a year of taking delivery of your new Landmark.
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 am

Dashnine wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 am
Trouble is the D5 isn’t immune either, great that you got rid of the oil dilution and are happy with yours but a friend of mine got the bullet on the first shot with their D5, rejected it with oil dilution and 16 other faults and ran into the same bullet of oil dilution again with a FFRR, both were V6 diesels.
Thanks to forum members contributions ( and Landrovers JLRP 00100 we know pretty well which models are affected , this is useful to new purchasers.
I see the TDV6 is being dropped in favour of ingenium , I guess there won’t be a resolution for those owners.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

PhilMabbots17

Post by PhilMabbots17 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Every time someone makes a post in the forum to the effect that the AJ200D Discovery Sport is "no different" to other EU6 diesel cars in respect of post injection, active regeneration, diesel dilution or frequency of oil services, one or more of the following applies:

1. They are deliberately defending JLR as a *matter of principle and will continue to do so no matter how much evidence is presented;
2. They don't understand the issue of diesel emissions control in suffient technical detail;
3. They haven't read all the available information which explains why all diesel cars built by JLR on the D8 platform have the defect;
4. They can't believe that a company like JLR could engage in an orchestrated cover up on such a huge scale in order to hide such appalling corporate incompetence;
5. They don't understand or haven't read JLRP00100;
6. They haven't recognised the logical significance of the fact that 2 different cars fitted with the same engine, both EU6 compliant but having DIFFERENT EXHAUSTS, can manage, in one case, 21000 miles between services yet in the other only 7,000 miles on average.

I think everybody should have access to the maximum amount of information when deciding which DS to buy and not be swayed by dogma and prejudice, one way or the other. People have a right to know that the Landmark comes complete with the old exhaust problem and, until JLR states otherwise, there is not going to be a fix. This appears to be the unfortunate truth.

Regarding the amount of oil. The problem has been going on for three years. In that time at least 500,000 affected cars have completed a total of 10,000,000,000 miles at an average of 10K per annum. Total number of services as per JLR marketing: 476,000. Number of services likely to have been completed at 8,000 average mileage: 1.25 million. Additional oil required for 774,000 unexpected services = 5 million litres. If you don't know how many litres in a gallon, that's just tough.

*This is your right. But be man enough to say as much and don't embarrass yourself by pretending otherwise.
Last edited by PhilMabbots17 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 (19) Lexus RX 450h V6 Sport 4WD 8-)
2017 (66) Mercedes GLC 220d 4Matic Sport
2017 (17) Land Rover DS HSE 2.0L (Rejected)

PhilMabbots17

Post by PhilMabbots17 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:37 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 am
Dashnine wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 am
Trouble is the D5 isn’t immune either, great that you got rid of the oil dilution and are happy with yours but a friend of mine got the bullet on the first shot with their D5, rejected it with oil dilution and 16 other faults and ran into the same bullet of oil dilution again with a FFRR, both were V6 diesels.
Thanks to forum members contributions ( and Landrovers JLRP 00100 we know pretty well which models are affected , this is useful to new purchasers.
I see the TDV6 is being dropped in favour of ingenium , I guess there won’t be a resolution for those owners.
I don't think the Ingenium 6 pot is coming any time soon. The TDV6 was dropped last year for the twin turbo 3L SDV6 which owners are hoping won't have the problem. The TDV6 guys who bought since 1st Jan 2017 are in still in the dark because, apart from one guy in the US, nobody has bothered to have any oil samples tested. Meanwhile 4000 to 5000 miles is the norm between services.
2019 (19) Lexus RX 450h V6 Sport 4WD 8-)
2017 (66) Mercedes GLC 220d 4Matic Sport
2017 (17) Land Rover DS HSE 2.0L (Rejected)

tcos

Post by tcos » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:10 pm

moderated
Just done another 600mile trouble free journey @ 40mpg just a superb car. :D

Return to “Introductions”