First Two Weeks With New DS

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
Gruz

First Two Weeks With New DS

Post by Gruz » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Having owned a 2007 Freelander 2 (no DPF) for the last five years it was time to move to a DS. I don’t do enough miles to warrant a diesel anymore so wanted to go for petrol, preferably used. The second hand market for petrol DS is very limited and overpriced. I got a good deal on a new car through Carwow and ordered back in February. After a wait of nearly 15 weeks I took delivery 2 weeks ago but was thrown into a panic when the day before collection I read the post about the problem of incorrectly assembled oil pumps. Fortunately my VIN was OK.
Went to Scotland for the Bank Holiday weekend and covered 500 miles and really pleased except for one thing, the air conditioning just would not chill. We drove home on the Monday with outside temp of 26 deg. and just recycled warm air. Motorway driving with the windows open is not pleasant on the ears.
Back at the dealers last Wednesday and loaned an Evoque with working A/C. My car returned today and A/C cold enough to trouble a brass monkey. Apparently all the gas had leaked from the system via a joint in a pipe that runs to the rear of the car. New O-ring and all now OK.
So hopefully no further problems.
HSE Luxury 240 petrol, Cirrus Grey, 19" wheels with diamond turned finish, Navigation Pro, blind spot monitor, reduced spare wheel, service pack
Replaced 57 Freelander 2 SE Auto

Les

Re: First Two Weeks With New DS

Post by Les » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:01 am

Welcome Gruz,
Enjoy the DS now it is fixed, hopefully the first and last problem.
2015 HSE Lux, Auto, 5+2, Kaikoura Stone/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony Windsor 10 way seats, 20 inch 511 Wheels, Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Privacy Glass, InControlTM, Service Pack, Williams ceramic coating

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:22 am

A big welcome from me too Gruz. Enjoy the hopefully trouble free DS.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

County

Post by County » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Welcome and enjoy the vehicle 8-)
:D B 1984 RR Vouge, Then BMW. Back to LR, H 1991 Disco 1, L 1993 Disco, N 1996 Disco, Y 2001 Disco, 53 Disco 2, 56 Disco 3
MY10 FL2 TD4 XS [Nav], MY13 FL2 TD4 GS Auto
MY15 DS SE Tech Auto Firenze Red 2.2 FL engine!

BFGDSMan

Post by BFGDSMan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:31 am

Gruz wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:31 pm
My car returned today and A/C cold enough to trouble a brass monkey. Apparently all the gas had leaked from the system via a joint in a pipe that runs to the rear of the car. New O-ring and all now OK.
So hopefully no further problems.
Well done land Rover on another professionally completed PDI..... :? :? :?
Gone: SD4 HSE, TD4 HSE Lux.

Going: TD4 HSE Lux Auto (before it falls apart)

Arriving Mid Sep - Mercedes E220d AMG Cabriolet
Arriving Mid Oct - Mercedes E220d AMG Estate

Return to “Introductions”