Soon to be new owner

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
SteveT

Re: Soon to be new owner

Post by SteveT » Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 pm

After a follow up with the guy dealing with this, he explained that they cannot do any work on any new car apart from the limited formal PDI scope as JLR will not allow them to claim for any additional time/labour. However, once the customer collects the car AND complains of a potential defect, then they can book the car in and carry out any work, including software updates, under a Warranty work ticket which allows them to recover the labour and any parts costs, which I can understand.
DS MY18 HSE Luxury TD4 Auto 180
Santorini Black, Roof Rails, Flaps, Entertainment Pack (with InControl Touch Pro Nav), Privacy Glass, 19" Black Wheels

philn

Post by philn » Fri May 18, 2018 7:02 pm

What a statement to come out with, this means they can sell you a NEW car with defects they know about, he should be sacked for telling you that.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 pm

I have to use an expression that I don’t like using at all and that is “I’m utterly gob smacked”.

It could be called customer disservice I suppose.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 pm

I'm not surprised, it's like many other 'features', you don't fix it until there's a problem. Otherwise cars would be sitting plugged in for hours on end getting updates, it'd cost a fortune. Maybe less of a problem if they could update over the air as was originally planned.

It's the same in other software areas - why run the risk of introducing more errors if the user is happy with what they've got, just update when there's a problem.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Return to “Introductions”