Discovery Sport Forum banner

2015 (65) DS HSE, Corris grey bought today!

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Filwill 
#1 ·
HI there wanted to say hi!

Just part exed my old Jag in for a 65 plate DS with 17,000 miles on the clock.

Hope it gives me as much joy as the Jag did!

I am a photographer, and my trusty Jag with its ultra low profile 20" wheels was just not suited for some terrains I threw at it. Gutted I had to change it.

The sooner I can accept the fact that the DS is a swiss army knife vehicle, rather than the awesome power that the Jag had on the road, the better.

I have been deliberating over it for quite a while now, was going for a 64 plate 2.2 auto freelander metropolis, but stuck my wallet out just that bit further for the DS.

As it has low miles and I do all my own maintenance on my cars, I plan to keep this long term.

I hope I have made the right decision ????

Sean.

See less See more
#4 ·
;) Welcome to a great forum and a great vehicle, if it's had any problems they hopefully should have all been sorted by now, do you know when the warranty runs out.

#5 ·
Welcome Sean,
Enjoy your DS.

#6 ·
Welcome Sean.
Enjoy your DS.

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum.
I'm doing the reverse , getting a jag to replace the DS.

Lots of great info on here and loads of people to help out.

#8 ·
Thanks For all your replies, welcoming me to the forum!

@County: Yes as it is 2 1/2 years old and with 17,000 on the clock I really hope that any issues will have already been addressed, fingers crossed.
It would be nice if I could easily see Land rovers history records with what has been done on it already. Its first service was done last week just before I bought it.
I did notice the battery was low, probably due to the powered tailgate being in use frequently at the dealers while on sale.
The battery was still showing low after my hour long test drive. I mentioned that the battery is probably on its way out!
I also noticed the rear discs were badly scored, so advised it would need new rear discs and pads.
They replaced the discs, pads and battery when they did its first service, without quibble! So far so good.

@Deggy: Hi there, yes saw your name a lot on the Jaguar forums!
I had a 2010 3.0 S Bi turbo Diesel XF Portfolio, with all the bells and whistles. It had over 150,000 miles on when i traded it in. Just wish I could afford to keep Both, as it was an awesome car.

I am already enjoying the DS and looking forward to the recent weather warnings about all the snow we may get this week. Don't think I am quite ready to drive it down a river just yet though :)

#9 ·
@ County: The manufacturers warranty runs out in December this year, So between now and then I am sure I will get a good few miles in.

#10 ·
Snap. I have the same model and colour. Changed from Audi A6 Avant. DS is great car, better than expected MPG, 2.2 engine is great with plenty of power. Looking at the forum glad I didn't have the 2.0!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.