New owner to be - anyone have experience with Carwow ?

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mike_l

New owner to be - anyone have experience with Carwow ?

Post by Mike_l » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:05 am

Hi all

just about to order - but I wondered if anyone has any experience with Carwow or Beadles of Southend ?

Beadles is @ 65 miles from my home - but their offer is about £1500 cheaper than local LR dealer
Would use local dealer for servicing.

Will be ordering new HSE+ Black Roof+ Heated Steering Wheel

Mike

Woolmeister

Re: New owner to be - anyone have experience with Carwow ?

Post by Woolmeister » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:20 am

I frequently submit Carwow quotes to see what deals are out there. I'm currently playing with the numbers for a Volvo XC90 T8 Hybrid, but would have to be a pre-registered/used car now, after VED Day.

We bought our DS through UK Car Broker:

http://www.ukcarbroker.co.uk

I would recommend them, but you are just as likely to get a similar discount directly from a dealer who is willing to do a deal with you than you are through a car broker. Cut out the middle man and take the 8% discount (your target discount on a DS) for yourself. Some folks on here have reported bigger discounts than 8%, too. FWIW, we bought our DS from a dealership in Wales; It can sometimes pay to travel for the right car.

Steve
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey
Opening Panoramic Roof, Virtual Cockpit, Canton Sound, Adaptive Cruise Control, Adaptive LED Headlamps, Heated Steering Wheel, Reverse Camera, Side Steps

GONE - 17MY HSE Auto 180 - JUNK

Jem0911

Post by Jem0911 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Yes my pending SE TECH is from Carwow.
Paid £36 and a bit K for a car with a list of £40500
Seven dealers partook.
SE TECH Coris Grey, Black Roof, Black Wheels few other bits.

Michpip

Post by Michpip » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Yeah, i used Carwow as well and the final negotiation done at my local LR dealership. Saved over £3.5k + free 5 years servicing + full tank of fuel on collection. ;)

Hope this helps.
MY17 HSE Dynamic Lux, Corris Grey :ugeek:

chicken george

Post by chicken george » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:32 pm

I used car wow for price checking, but then discovered that using my 10% NFU discount eliminated further haggling so I just went with the local dealer. dealer contribution to finance is also stopped with NFU also. so the 10% is little better than good old fashioned haggling.

wow sent me a few futher emails but surprising didnt bombard me with junk mail, rare these days , I opted out of the few emails they were sending and they stopped promply.

Unlike RED magazine their emails are relentless since I bought the mrs a gift subscription
March 17. Lux Auto,180 D, cirrus, ivory, black roof, diamond wheels. Tat boot net
"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

RobF

Post by RobF » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:38 pm

I obtained quotes and used them to beat down my local dealer saving £2500 on a HSE luxury, 10 times the discount originally offered. I wanted buy locally as there can be the odd niggle with the cars when new, rather than buying at the other end of the country then trying to get a local dealer to fix any faults quickly.

Mike_l

Post by Mike_l » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks all
I will go back to local dealer & see if they can beat or match the Beadles offer
(was 7.6% saving for cash or 9.4% if I take the Finance) .

I like the idea of a servicing deal - but annual mileage is @ 8,000 & I would like to at least get a yearly oil change in interest of longevity if I keep the car 5+ years.
MY2017 HSE Delivered June 17 - Silicon Silver , Black contrast Roof, Reduced size Spare wheel, Heated Steering Wheel

Robbie.H

Post by Robbie.H » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:09 pm

I can recommend CarWoW too, my experience with them and the dealers that came top of the search was great. Enable me to get to the factual numbers, no frills, very quickly. Negotiate with the top 5, then choose on best deal. Certain better than my local dealer. No problems after going to any other JLR dealer for service, warranty support.
Can recommend - you even get s decent Amazon voucher after from them...
Winsor.H

MY16 DS HSE Luxury: Assisted Vehicle Exchange (REJECTED) due to multiple issues.

MY17 DS HSE Luxury:
Corris Grey, black pack, privacy glass, In-Control Apps. EXCHANGED

MY19 Si4 Petrol ⛽️ HSE LUX
Spec as above.

UK - South of England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Chirkwood

Post by Chirkwood » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:54 pm

I just picked up my DS which I sourced through Carfile. I had never used a car broker before but was delighted with price and service.

Les

Post by Les » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi
Haven't dealt with Beadles at Southend, but got my FL2 & DS from Beadles at Sidcup, they also carry out my servicing and recalls. The guy who sold me both my cars is now sales manager at Southend, Paul Bradley, a really helpful guy.
Now sadly gone 2015 HSE Lux, Auto, 5+2, Kaikoura Stone/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony Windsor 10 way seats, 20 inch 511 Wheels, Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Privacy Glass, InControlTM, Service Pack, Williams ceramic coating