I may return to the Landrover fold so Hi Everyone.

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
Stroh

Re: I may return to the Landrover fold so Hi Everyone.

Post by Stroh » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:48 pm

Kojak wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:35 pm
I'd love to hear from any longer term owners I guess around 18 months onwards opinions either way on my first question.
I wouldn't have considered 18 months long term owners. I usually keep my vehicles 10 or 12 years. I have had my DS for less than a year. There were some initial hiccups, likely due to minimal dealership staffing and corners being cut trying to rush delivery before the big lockdown and coincidentally the end of the quarter. I would buy it again.
2020 DS P250 SE, Fuji White, Acorn Windsor Leather Heated and Cooled Seats, Premium Interior Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Meridian Surround Sound System with Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Black Exterior Pack, Technology Pack, Natural Shadow Oak Veneer!

Kojak

Post by Kojak » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:32 am

Hi Strah
I know what you mean about 18 months but the reality seems to be people trade and upgrade every couple of 3 years so thats where the 18 months came from.
10 to 12 years is huge!!!
Lets talk again in 2025 :D
Seriously though what sort of niggles?

Kojak

Post by Kojak » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:36 am

Dashnine wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:32 pm
I had a D180 HSE Black for 3 years, other than extra oil dilution related oil changes no problem, but didn’t fancy running it out of warranty with possible future DPF problems as my mileage had dropped, so spent the warranty money on deposit for a P240 HSE which has just turned two years old. No issues other than a failed and replaced front cameras module over Christmas.

Neither let me down at any point.
Thanks Dashnine

Stroh

Post by Stroh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:15 pm

I bought the car from a dealer that was 4 hours away. The car is serviced at my local dealer. The service manager at the local dealer believes the initial hiccup was poor PDI at the delivering dealership due to poor staffing and rushing the PDI to deliver it before the COVID shutdown. The SIM data card did not work and it was a huge hassle for the dealership to get up and running. In the end they had to escalate their support to someone a couple of tiers up in support hierarchy to someone the UK that got it up and running. I was told they deleted my entire car configuration from LR system and then re-added it back in with the correct configuration. All together they had the car for about 5 days and cheerfully gave me a brand new DS as a loaner. (The loaner had less miles on it (5) than my car when I picked it up (9).)

I'm going back next week for a TSB (LTB01294NAS3) regarding a knocking sound from the front end when going over speed bumps and other similar terrain. They have a loaner arranged for that as well.

Online reports of reliability had me nervous before ordering. I stopped every Land Rover and Range Rover driver I saw and asked them what they thought and if they would buy again. I must have annoyed 12 - 15 people in various parking lots. EVERY one of them said yes, they would buy again.
2020 DS P250 SE, Fuji White, Acorn Windsor Leather Heated and Cooled Seats, Premium Interior Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Meridian Surround Sound System with Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Black Exterior Pack, Technology Pack, Natural Shadow Oak Veneer!

Kojak

Post by Kojak » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:32 pm

Stroh wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:15 pm
Online reports of reliability had me nervous before ordering. I stopped every Land Rover and Range Rover driver I saw and asked them what they thought and if they would buy again. I must have annoyed 12 - 15 people in various parking lots. EVERY one of them said yes, they would buy again.
Thanks Stroh.
I've only shortened your reply in the quote for convenience. Well done for actually taking to people about it it when the opportunity arose each time. The best way!! Much better than forums in a lot of ways.

Andy131

Post by Andy131 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:52 pm

We had a grey D180 auto for just over 2 years, initially the software was naff, couple of software updates later and all was well. Needed oil changing every 10-12,000 miles but this was always my plan. Settled down to be a very nice car- bearing in mind I do over 25k a year. Why did I get rid? Because a red D240 called to me- this one I hope to keep as long as the FL2 - 185,000+ miles
2018 DS HSE Lux.
2016 DS HSE auto, for 45k nice (grey!) car.
2014 Ewok for 6 months, really really rubbish.
2008 FL2 for 185k miles, should have kept her.
2006 FL1 for 110k miles, brilliant car.
2000 FL1 for 100k miles, fell apart but started the LR bug

Kojak

Post by Kojak » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:39 pm

Andy131 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:52 pm
We had a grey D180 auto for just over 2 years, initially the software was naff, couple of software updates later and all was well. Needed oil changing every 10-12,000 miles but this was always my plan. Settled down to be a very nice car- bearing in mind I do over 25k a year. Why did I get rid? Because a red D240 called to me- this one I hope to keep as long as the FL2 - 185,000+ miles
Thank you Andy