New P300e Hybrid ordered

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
burtonjk

Re: New P300e Hybrid ordered

Post by burtonjk » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:04 pm

Just took delivery of my P300E on 19/11/2021 after ordering in November.

Very pleased, love the Pivi Pro, great upgrade on my previous 2018 Jaguar E Pace Touch Pro system.

Had horrendous problems with my Pod Point Charger and couldn’t get a charge in until today (eventually sorted out by Pod Pod support after a great deal of perseverance).

All good now and just completed the first EV mode journey to go and fill the petrol tank. Got 22 miles and it shows 16% charge remaining (4 miles apparently). This charge cost £2.08 at 14.5p per KWH

It is now sitting plugged in waiting for it’s first Octopus Go 5p per unit overnight charge.
Discovery Sport P300E MY 21
R Dynamic HSE
Fuji White
Options:
Family Pack (Privacy Glass, Rear Seat Power)
HUD

dakurt

Post by dakurt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Hi,

I ordered a p300e HSE R dynamic in mid October.
Production is set for July 8th and delivery to german dealer August 8th.

Planned delivery date was beginning of May.

Does anyone know why there is a huge delay?
Anything I can do to speed it up?

Thank you!

IluH

Post by IluH » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:13 pm

It is a surprise that the delays keep going on.
I placed my order in May 2020 and the estimated delivery was in Oct 2020.
My car arrived in Finland a week ago and I will collect it on Tuesday 23-Feb.
And the wheels I opted for the winter tyres haven’t arrived yet.
Last year the delay was supposed to be because of factory closure due to covid and the delay in achieving (and eventually not achieving) the estimated WLTP figures.
MY21 DS P300e SE Namib Orange.
MY15 DS 2.0 Si4 HSE Luxury, MY08 Freelander2 3.2 i6, MY04 Freelander 2.5 V6, MY99 Freelander 1.8 i.

SarahStreet

Post by SarahStreet » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:58 pm

As mentioned in the thread on replacement steering racks, the delay is I’m afraid down to your beloved EU, who are deliberately holding up both imports and exports. Perhaps Ms Von der Lyen could explain to her subjects the real reason for this unnecessary hold up?

Meanwhile, in central stock currently sits 207 HSE R-Dynamic P300E, and 72 of the same in SE Specification. (Total, both LH and RH drive)

There is no way that Halewood are scheduling production into July; they plan quarterly. I suggest that you have a frank exchange of views with your respective retailers. Unless you have ordered a vehicle with just about every option box ticked, there is more than likely one sitting in stock in the UK that will probably fill your requirements.

dakurt

Post by dakurt » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:36 am

Thank you for the quick response. I have no options selected, although defaults seem to vary from country to country.

For example HSE does not come with a Glas roof and heated seats in Germany. If I have researched correctly that is included in the UK.

Are you absolutely sure, that production dates for Q3 are not planned by JLR, meaning my dealer is lying?

Thank you

SarahStreet

Post by SarahStreet » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:21 am

Absolutely sure.

Production planning is primarily based on anticipated forecast vs order bank actual vs floated stocks.

Irrespective of what it is that you manufacture, you cannot possibly plan for actual build that far ahead - forecast yes, but component ordering based on forecast alone is the fastest way to go bankrupt.

Go and speak to your retailer again.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:32 am

dakurt wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:36 am
Thank you for the quick response. I have no options selected, although defaults seem to vary from country to country.

For example HSE does not come with a Glas roof and heated seats in Germany. If I have researched correctly that is included in the UK.

Are you absolutely sure, that production dates for Q3 are not planned by JLR, meaning my dealer is lying?

Thank you
Has your dealer mentioned anything else he can let you have right away, no lead time, etc.? Usually when dealers talk of delivery issues, long lead times, etc. they have stock they want to sell before they order anything else (and before they have to pay for it).
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

dakurt

Post by dakurt » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:43 pm

The dealer told me that the order has been placed at Land Rover in November. He is not able to explain the immense delay and told that he is not able to influence the dates as it is in JLR's hands.