Time to get rid of DS

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
Barnsh

Re: Time to get rid of DS

Post by Barnsh » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:55 am

Oxon18 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:09 am
The reason I’ve gone for the landmark in black is the 4Ok car value pay more tax situation.

I’m going from a Setech to the landmark which is a HSE spec and works out below the 40k figure
Ah ok , just looking online at discounts the HSE might come under that too with haggling .
But to be fair buy the one that gives you the optiins you need and be prepared to walk away saying you need some thinking time ,,,,,,,that normally gets you a few more £££ off
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Badgerface wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:25 am
Oxon18 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:20 am
It’s a new car teething problems always arise
I'm sorry, but if QA had done their job properly at Trim & Final then the problem wouldn't have been there in the first place.

Similarly, D&E have had 3 years to provide a solution, and haven't bothered their backsides in a reasonable timescale - if you think that that is acceptable on a premium vehicle, then you and the rest of us are poles apart!
I'm not sure the B Pillar would have got picked up on the line, it's something only driving some cars reveals, as it seemed to be a tolerance stack up issue, and appears in warmer temperatures (AFAIK).

I dare say it's been present from early prototypes which are usually nasty, bodged and rattly with camo over them creating all sorts of noises - or at least the ones I've driven (not LR or DS though) were. I would imagine it was discovered after press release when the camo came off and as the first cars came off the line to customers, and then various versions of the chieseling document started.

PS: Prize to whoever's first to say their DS is 'nasty, bodged and rattly' - not in comparison to early prototypes it's not....
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

XT9710

Post by XT9710 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Tax is based on list price, haggle hard get under 40k on HSE , but the landmark owner will still pay less tax

Oxon18

Post by Oxon18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:28 pm

I will not get any more off, with what discount I'm already getting ;) Plus I set a limit of what i want to spend

Return to “Introductions”