Auxiliary belt - snapped

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
ddimitriadis

Re: Auxiliary belt - snapped

Post by ddimitriadis » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:32 am

Just happened to me too - 2016 HSE 2.0 litre diesel, during the weekend commute to the kid's activities.

The car has never been serviced, so there can't have been engine fluids to blame.

Really odd - belts are built to last.

The car was towed and just reached my dealer, I will tell you how it goes.

Posting a separate thread to keep track.

roadster

Post by roadster » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:39 am

Great pictures from Chippy. Only one belt but by my reckoning it goes through six inflections every time it travels once round. It also has to cope with temperatures from sub-zero to however hot it gets in the engine bay. So it probably needs to be a miracle of materials technology!
2018 MY Diesel auto 180 SE tech

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:28 pm

roadster wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:39 am
Great pictures from Chippy. Only one belt but by my reckoning it goes through six inflections every time it travels once round. It also has to cope with temperatures from sub-zero to however hot it gets in the engine bay. So it probably needs to be a miracle of materials technology!
Not down to be changed in any service though , so should be built to last .

I’m surprised it was towed in the post further up I would have thought a lift trailer would be used for this type of fault .
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

ddimitriadis

Post by ddimitriadis » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Just to report back that my car was diagnosed with the same problem - diesel filter leaked onto belt, which then snapped. Will be covered by warranty.

Return to “Introductions”