Just bought 2016 DS

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
captainlorca

Just bought 2016 DS

Post by captainlorca » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:23 am

Hi All

Just bought a 2016 DS SE Tech 180 in Loire Blue with White interior.

Didn't know a great deal about DS before purchase other than the reviews which suggested going for the 2.0 engine rather than the older 2.2. I'm really enjoying the car, other than the fairly poor fuel consumption (have yet to beat 40 mpg on any journey - normally around 35).

I didn't know about any of the issues that others have had on here concerning Adblue or oil dilution - is there anything I should be looking out for and how would I spot these issues?

Also, is there anywhere I can get a list of the features on my particular car - just to check whether there is any deviation from the standard SE Tech features?

Thanks in advance.

Dashnine

Re: Just bought 2016 DS

Post by Dashnine » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:52 am

Welcome, sounds a nice spec - photos?

AdBlue - the car will tell you when it needs a top-up, top-ups are free if you have the Service Pack. You can check in the Instrument menu as well.

Oil dilution - Again, the car will tell you when a service (oil change) is required AS LONG as it's had the updates to display the service is required. Otherwise, link the InControl app to your car and the app will tell you. There is no miles to service indication in the instrument menu,

Spec - To check both the updates required and the spec, put your VIN into the JLR ToPix system (Google it and register as an Independent Operator).

Finally, updating your profile with your location, and your signature with your DS spec will help with future replies.
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:11 am

Congratulations captain and welcome to the forum.

Some very sound advice from Dashnine will help you on your way.

Enjoy the DS.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Rejected B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.
Arrived: MB GLC 250d.

simon

Post by simon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:45 am

You can the full build sec of your car on TOPIx and entering your VIN number. Its free to register and you need to pay f you want to read any technical bulletins.

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix ... L.prs72697
17MY D5 HSE in Farallon Black 8-)

Traded in - 17MY HSE Lux Corris Grey with Black Design Pack

Rejected - 16MY HSE Lux with Black Design Pack (B-Pillar & Build Quality Issues)

All supplied by the very excellent Shukers of Ludlow

captainlorca

Post by captainlorca » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Thanks all - great advice.

Return to “Introductions”