Discovery Sport Forum banner

New to me 17 plate HSE Lux, due Friday

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Adi55 
#1 ·
Evening folks,

Just checking in to say hello. I've done a deal on TD4 HSE Luxury in Waitomo Grey, with 8000 miles on the clock, ivory leather, privacy glass and a towing pack, which I should hopefully pick up before next weekend. I previously had a Discovery 4 for 3 years, shortly after they came out, and I loved it. I then had a much hated cheap Volvo estate followed by a fancy Golf GT and most recently a Jaguar XE. I am bidding the Jaguar farewell after only 6 months, since despite being fantastic to drive (2 litre, 250 bhp petrol ingenium R-Sport with lots of options) it really has no luggage space or rear passenger accommodation. Hopefully the Discovery Sport will be a keeper, like my old Discovery 4. I have to admit a little panic is setting in after reading about the oil dilution and DPF regeneration issues, but fingers crossed. I'll post some pictures after I've picked it up.

All the best,

Paul

#2 ·
Welcome iPaul,
Great forum with lots of info, enjoy the DS once you pick it up.

#3 ·
Hi iPaul and welcome.

I wouldn't panic too much. So long as you're aware of the potential problems with oil dilution and regeneration and take sensible steps to minimise the possible effects then you'll for sure enjoy the DS.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing from again.

PS perhaps you'd like to add some details about the vehicle in your signature and add a rough location. Both can be helpful in future.

#4 ·
Welcome Paul - welcome to the fold, will keep an eye out for you in Kent !

#5 ·
Welcome!
You've chosen a good spec and a lovely colour .
Happy motoring!

#7 ·
iPaul said:
I've done a deal on TD4 HSE Luxury in Waitomo Grey, with 8000 miles on the clock...
Welcome, iPaul.

Hopefully they will have changed the oil before you pick it up, or you should insist that they include a complimentary oil and filter change as part of the deal.

I refer you to the Service Poll topic:

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6469

You will see that 24% of 132 respondents (the highest proportion of owners, as of today) have said that a service was performed - or will be required - between 6300 and 8399 miles.

Looks as though you've read about the oil dilution issues, though. A Discovery 4 this car is not, unfortunately.

Steve

#9 ·
Hi Paul.
Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy your DS.

#10 ·
bilo999 said:
Welcome Paul - welcome to the fold, will keep an eye out for you in Kent !
oops - thought that your profile was in Kent - must have misread or its changed?

#11 ·
Hi bilo999.
It was probably my post you misread as I too live in Kent.
Keep an eye out for me instead, I'm easy to spot as my number plate has Les on it. :D

#12 ·
Les said:
Hi bilo999.
It was probably my post you misread as I too live in Kent.
Keep an eye out for me instead, I'm easy to spot as my number plate has Les on it. :D
Hi Les - will do :D

#13 ·
Hmmm... due to a comedy of errors, my car has only just arrived at the dealership today, some 5 days after I was supposed to pick it up... Funnily enough, I had my current Jag in at the same dealership's service department yesterday to try and fix the stop/start system, which doesn't like the "stop" part of the procedure... They wasted a day getting nowhere with that issue, while also botching up the loan car paperwork... Are those alarm bells I can hear ringing? Hopefully, the pickup of my Disco Sport goes OK tomorrow. Wish me luck.

#15 ·
Well, the car arrived and so far I'm delighted with it. I spent most of the weekend getting an authentic "rufty-tufty" application of mud on the outside of it. Will wear that with pride until my better half makes me take it to the car wash ;)

Cheers,

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.