Discovery Sport Forum banner

Hello from new member

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  County 
#1 ·
I joined the 'DS owners club' last year and lurked for a couple of years before that. My car has just passed 3 years old and with perfect timing the aircon decided to throw a wobbly 3 weeks ago, suddenly the cabin temp will go totally cold (sometimes hot) and then refuses to respond to control inputs. Before parting with £200 for initial JLR 'diagnosis' could I please ask if anyone knows what this might be. Thanks.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum , lots of good info on here.
Sorry to hear about your aircon , I seem to remember a sticking valve had something to do with this .
There's a search button at the top that might help , or maybe someone else can remember more about it.

#4 ·
Hi Elston921, There was a known problem with the air conditioning which can be fixed by a simple software update to the HVAC. You are only just out of warranty so I suggest that you show N167 to the dealer and ask them if they can do the work and cross-charge it to JLR as goodwill. Failing that, I would contact CRC. Refuse to pay for something that should already have been fixed.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.