DS Dynamic 180 - 30 days of ownership

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
dangezza

DS Dynamic 180 - 30 days of ownership

Post by dangezza » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:11 am

Hi all
I'd like to say I'm the proud owner of my DS but it's currently at the service centre for some work doing.

Anyhow, I've had it just over 30 days, love the looks and practicality of it. Just slightly apprehensive as to the posts regarding B pillar noises and oil dilution.

I thought I'd post the list I have submitted to the dealer (sales manager and service manager) to see what everyone thoughts are.

Fyi - the car went in last Thursday. According to the Remote app it was driven to the Maclaren head office near where the guy picked it up, before taking the scenic route to the dealership in milton Keynes. Since then it hasnt moved as far as I can tell and no one has updated me on progress.

In the meantime I have a nearly new f pace demo to potter about in which isnt so bad.

1.Rear foglights not working (Both sides). Left hand side flickers. Reflector looks almost black as can be seen from autotrader advert. Right reflector visually looks fine but doesn't light up whatsoever.
2.Bluetooth Connectivity. Says phone is connected but bluetooth media not played through speakers. Intermittent/buggy. Unable to swap between saved devices. I.e it says connected but doesnt actually play audio.10" Infotainment system. This completely failed the other morning. First of all the reversing camera didn't activate and heated seats screen didn't open. I turned the car off and back on then the screen was completely black. After next restart was ok. Hasnt happened since but please can this be checked as to connections/software updates.
3.Also, icon in reverse camera with red cross is shown. Could be related but please check.
4.Service record. I was told this had a recent service as part of the prep for sale but received an email to say the oil change service was due. Please can you look into this.
5.Ticking sound. There is a ticking sound for 20secs or so after driving, coming from rear left side wheel area.Rattle sound.
6.There is a rattle/knocking sound from the passenger side door area (as if something is in the door bin) more noticeable when on rough road surface.
7.Driver side speaker distortion/door vibration. During certain frequency music tracks there is what I thought was speaker distortion from the driver door. Not entirely sure if it is a speaker as putting my finger between the door and dash (to put pressure against door trim) seems to reduce this which suggests it could be loose trim within the door card.
8.Low battery warning (image attached). Please can you check the health of the battery as yesterday after only 5 days of being parked there was a low battery warning on the instrument cluster. The car did start but is slightly worrying that this could happen again. 

Not the best start but having owned a XE with the same engine for over two years with not problems at all I had high hopes.
17 DiscoSport Dynamic Lux 180D: Yulong White, ICTP, LR side steps, electric/heated everything ~ purchased 26th Jan 2019 from MK Landrover
66 Jag XE R Sport 180: Black on black ~ now the wife's
62 Audi Q5 S Line Plus 2.0D ~ sold

Robsters

Re: DS Dynamic 180 - 30 days of ownership

Post by Robsters » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:26 am

At least you had thirty days of care free motoring 🤭 hope they sort out your wish list, keep on at them to get the work done even though you have a nice courtesy car you want your own one back ASAP, after all that’s what you have paid out all that hard earned cash for. Anyway, welcome aboard the crazy train. Loads of really helpful people on here for advice 👍
First time LR owner, I have joined more forums than I care to remember over the years from Volvo, VW, Mazda, Peugeot, Ford, Vauxhall, Fiat and probably others!!
Bye bye Volvo XC90 hello Land Rover Discovery Sport 180 d HSE 2016

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:55 am

Journeys less than about half a mile don't show up on the InControl app, and the GPS location isn't that accurate for seeing the car move around the dealership, so I wouldn't worry about that.

1. Rear fog lights - just checked mine, both should work (some cars just have one bulb but looks like there are two).

4. Email from who, as it's normally displayed on the app or in the car. Maybe dealer's not reset the service indicator?

5. Think this is the adblue pump returning unused adblue to the tank otherwise it can crystallise in the lines, my D180 did this.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

dangezza

Post by dangezza » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:02 pm

@dashnine - thanks for the info. I think you are right. I called them today and was told that they are working through to rectify the points I raised. Taking a little longer due to investigation.

Also that the phase 4 update that fixed the exact issues I raised with ICTP has been put on hold by JLR as it has it's own issues. I was told they would likely keep hold of my car until phase 5 is ready which they expect between 1st and mid March.

Re service reminder. It was an automated email from landrover. The service indicator last time I checked did show as if it had only just had a service as part of the prep for sale. And the online record says it had its 2 year service.

I'm sure you're right regarding ad blue pump. It didnt seem to suspect but not something I've heard from my previous Jag XE 180.
17 DiscoSport Dynamic Lux 180D: Yulong White, ICTP, LR side steps, electric/heated everything ~ purchased 26th Jan 2019 from MK Landrover

dangezza

Post by dangezza » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Robsters wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:26 am
At least you had thirty days of care free motoring 🤭 hope they sort out your wish list, keep on at them to get the work done even though you have a nice courtesy car you want your own one back ASAP, after all that’s what you have paid out all that hard earned cash for. Anyway, welcome aboard the crazy train. Loads of really helpful people on here for advice 👍
Exactly that. The f pace is a nice car and drive but it isnt mine, not to mention mine has all the bells and whistles that I were enjoying. E.g mirrors that dip in reverse, heating steering wheel, keyless entry, and that merdian 825w sound system!

Robsters

Post by Robsters » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:28 pm

dangezza wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 pm
Robsters wrote:
Exactly that. The f pace is a nice car and drive but it isnt mine, not to mention mine has all the bells and whistles that I were enjoying. E.g mirrors that dip in reverse, heating steering wheel, keyless entry, and that merdian 825w sound system!
You must have the patience of a saint, mid March!! I hope they are going to offer you some form of compensation. They are lovely cars when not in the garage, if they get everything sorted hopefully you will get a good spell to enjoy the driving 😄
First time LR owner, I have joined more forums than I care to remember over the years from Volvo, VW, Mazda, Peugeot, Ford, Vauxhall, Fiat and probably others!!
Bye bye Volvo XC90 hello Land Rover Discovery Sport 180 d HSE 2016

dangezza

Post by dangezza » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:07 pm

Robsters wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:28 pm
dangezza wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 pm
Robsters wrote:
You must have the patience of a saint, mid March!! I hope they are going to offer you some form of compensation. They are lovely cars when not in the garage, if they get everything sorted hopefully you will get a good spell to enjoy the driving 😄
To quote the service adviser it could be sooner but they'd rather do it all in one go instead of me having to bring it back for the phase 5 software update.

We'll see, apparently she will call back on Friday to update.

dangezza

Post by dangezza » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Car comes back on wed with all issues raised apparently fixed. They will give me the warranty invoice for what work has been carried out.

🤞🏽

dangezza

Post by dangezza » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:04 pm

Got my car back and it looks like they have installed 18D (s18d_18.47.5-269316).

Interface is a big change since the ICTP version I used to have and I now how android auto and apple car play despite a few members on her suggesting the requirement to have a sim card slot in the arm rest.

Unfortunately this version is incredibly buggy.

I'm struggling to connect my phone via bluetooth, problems with call audio not coming through, and on top of that the parking indicators no longer beep. The icon is there when in reverse which appears to look like it is muted but pressing it does nothing. I'm stumped.

Do you think with the reversing issue, this is something LR assist could come out and fix from my home or is it a another visit back to the dealer?

Return to “Introductions”