Discovery Sport Forum banner

Full size spare on 2019 DS HSE ?

8K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Past master 
#1 ·
Hello. I have a 2019 HSE on a slow boat from Britain heading for Virginia. It's a 5 seat model and suddenly the question has come up of the spare tire. It has 18 inch wheels. Is it going to have a full size spare tire? Going off road with a donut is not one of my favorite things.

Thanks so much for your attention.

G
#2 ·
Looking at the USA configurator I would guess that it comes with a reduced section spare wheel - seems 5 seats are standard offering for USA..

STANDARD FEATURES
EXTERIOR FEATURES
Infrared reflective windscreen
Rain sensing windscreen wipers
Front fog lights
Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
Rear fog light
Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Auto-Dimming, Power Fold, Heated Door Mirrors with Memory and Approach Lights
Reduced section Steel spare wheel (5 seats only)

#5 ·
I guess if I get serious about some serious offroading I can bolt a spare to the hood. Then it will look like a real Land Rover. :lol:

#6 ·
It's interesting how different markets around the world are configured with cars.

My DS HSE 2016 here in Australia came with a full size alloy spare.

Oh and my 18" wheels were a no cost option instead of the standard 19" offered in Oz.

I hope you enjoy your DS when it Arrives!

Happy Motoring

#7 ·
Disco Neil said:
ksu499 said:
Hello. I have a 2019 HSE on a slow boat from Britain heading for Virginia. It's a 5 seat model and suddenly the question has come up of the spare tire. It has 18 inch wheels. Is it going to have a full size spare tire? Going off road with a donut is not one of my favorite things.

Thanks so much for your attention.
It's interesting how different markets around the world are configured with cars.

My DS HSE 2016 here in Australia came with a full size alloy spare.

Oh and my 18" wheels were a no cost option instead of the standard 19" offered in Oz.

I hope you enjoy your DS when it Arrives!

Happy Motoring
Thanks for the information. The 18 inch wheels were the default and I am happy with that. You have 3 styles of 18 inch wheels to pick from at no cost, but to go to 19 or 20 inch wheels gets costly.

I wonder how a full-size spare fi ts in. There certainly is a lot of styrofoam padding in the spare tire well but it still looks like a full-sized spare would fit . See the picture Yours is accessed from above and not lowered from below, right?

Attachments

#8 ·
Size of wheels doesn't matter as they all have the same circumference. A full-size spare wheel should fit inside the floor plan on a five-seater. In the UK the skinny spare up till now went on the underside of the car, with a revised exhaust system. Obviously we don't yet know the setup on the new model, but I suspect you are getting a car which will accommodate a full-size spare, but which may be fitted with a steel skinny spare (which is the same size, whatever size wheels you have on the car). Can your dealer not specify a full-size, or at least sell you one? It's probably too much to ask him/her the question you asked us, as you can't expect LR dealers to know anything about their cars.
I have a similar sort of question - I want to know if my current spare set of Evoque wheels (with winter tyres) will fit the 2019 Evoque I have on order. Dealer doesn't know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.