Discovery Sport Forum banner

what wheels with 150 manual HSE

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  depicus 
#1 ·
Hi
Confused about wheels. If i go on the Land Rover configuration tool it shows the 150 manual HSE with 18" 5 spoke style 518 wheels the same as the basic Pure model. But if I look on the website or the brochure it shows all HSE with 19" 521 style wheels. Does anybody know which is correct?

#4 ·
I have a SE TEch 150hp manual on order, it also has the 18" wheels as per the Pure model.

Read somewhere on the LR website that it's because that style of wheel is more "aerodynamic" and therefore helps towards the economy of the "E-capability" 150hp versions they do on the DS.

#5 ·
Indeed I was told even the dealers cannot change the 18" wheels before handover as it would invalidate the CO2 score (yes I know the bulls were out that day) so had to drive to some backstreet tyre fitters on delivery day to swap over to a set of black 511's. On the plus side they wanted £360 to do the change whereas backstreet motors charged £60 cash (and probably did a better job) ;)

#6 ·
I have the 150 5 seat , and to be honest prefer the wheels, they look a bit different to the ubiquitous "spoked " design thats on everything, you dont kerb them (as its 18" ) and they are easy to clean and probably give a bit more pliant ride.

;)

#7 ·
Has to be said, I quite like the "chunky" look of the 518 style alloy too. Just as well I suppose.

Like you say, a bit different. Think it could look even better in a anthracite grey finish....

#9 ·
eBay Evoke wheels? Make sure you check the hole spacing though and centre hole size.

#11 ·
Evoke wheels are fine. No other models fit though (not sure about the new Disco, but I suspect not). I find that ones on the forums are generally pretty good - e-bay ones can be a bit tatty. Sometimes you'll find a whole brand new set of wheels and tyres on the bay though. You can check wheel size at https://www.wheel-size.com/. Remember that if you do buy a set of LR wheels you should get a decent price for the ones you don't want!
Here's a pic of mine with 18" Evoque wheels.
Wheel Car Tire Plant Vehicle

Attachments

#13 ·
These came from a wheel dealer in N Ireland. They are a few years old and would be a bit tatty for most people, with some staining and a small scratch, but they are only for my winter tyres, so that's not a problem. They are off two different cars, strangely - well three actually, as one of them is a wheel I already had as my spare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.