Loadspace rails

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
wdw

Loadspace rails

Post by wdw » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Not yet an owner, but looking at possible accessories, the loadspace retention kit looks like a useful way to keep the various items that I normally carry in my Freelander from flying around the boot of the DS. But the brochure and build-it page emphasise that loadspace rails are required. Aren't these fitted as standard on current models with the anchor points fitted in either end?

Bill

PaulCP

Re: Loadspace rails

Post by PaulCP » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Depends on model. They are standard on HSE Lux but not sure where the starting point is in the model line up
Now: Lexus RX 450h F Sport + Premier Pack
GONE Jan 2018:- HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras,

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:07 pm

The load space storage rails are extra even on the HSE Lux and Dynamic. £195 list price.

The load retention kit is another £260 list off the top of my head.

I do happen to have both boxed that MAYBE surplus to requirements, but I’d need a good offer to part with them.

simon

Post by simon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:34 pm

The rails were standard on both my DS's. MY16 / MY17 HSE Lux. Well they were fitted to both cars so assume they were and I didnt option them at all.

Luggage retention kit is an option as said.
17MY D5 HSE in Farallon Black 8-)

Traded in - 17MY HSE Lux Corris Grey with Black Design Pack

Rejected - 16MY HSE Lux with Black Design Pack (B-Pillar & Build Quality Issues)

All supplied by the very excellent Shukers of Ludlow

wdw

Post by wdw » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks both.

Your prices are about right, Highlander, but the other way round: rails £250 and retention kit £175 list prices.

I think I'd try and do what I do at the moment and use bungees, but if I find myself suddenly flush with money or I can't manage without something more substantial I may come back and see what you regard as an appropriate offer.

I realise that I should have put something in the Introductions - I'll do that now.

Bill

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:25 pm

No problem. It was an impulse buy. I fitted them once and didn’t particularly like them, so put them back in the box. I am sort of prone to doing that tbh, then someone mentions they are after something ......

Spot the impulse buy ...... seemed a good idea at the time, didn’t like it, so bunged it in the drawer. I prefer the old 4S.
E764CB67-7160-473F-8E71-7971E5679655.jpeg

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”