Discovery Sport Forum banner

Roof bars without Roof rails

41K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  Valisk 
#1 ·
Hi all.
I am trying to source some roof bars, that can be fitted without roof rails.
Has anybody any ideas please?

#3 ·
Nice one! Will order a set in the morning!
Thanks so much!

#5 ·
Whats the widest distance apart you can get the Bars (ie front bar to Rear bar) as i need to carry 8ft x 4ft sheets of plywood etc.
Tia

#6 ·
Widest distance apart is 700 mm according to instructions. I will check next week and see if they can be put further apart!

#10 ·
I will pop them on later this week and post a photo.
Not noticed any wind noise as there is my bike up there as well, and I have not driven with just the rack on.

#11 ·
Paulgkn said:
I will pop them on later this week and post a photo.
Not noticed any wind noise as there is my bike up there as well, and I have not driven with just the rack on.
Thank you. That would be brilliant.

#12 ·
Photos as promised with roof rack on.
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Hope that helps.

Paul

Attachments

#14 ·
There are rubber pads to protect the paint work!

#16 ·
Chuffed with mine. After initial set up they go on and off in less than five mins.
Carried a set of ladders across Bristol today with no problems!
Have put marks with tippex inside the door surround so I can line them up accurately.

#18 ·
Did the same with my Discovery 1 and my F2's. Makes setting up so easy.

#19 ·
Do these bars fit ok with Panoramic roof?
A bit worried about damaging the roof with these clip-ons but if ok, would be a much cheaper option than Land Rover roof rail system.
Some pics would be good,

#20 ·
The bars are well clear of the panoramic roof! Can not post a picture as I took the bars off yesterday..

#21 ·
Thanks for reply.
Just seen pics above my post which weren't there when i started posting. looks good and nice to know that paint is protected with rubber pads.
Think I'll order a set.

#23 ·
These are mine, had them a few years, fitted Freelander, and now DS with new feet. :D

IMG_20180110_120016183_HDR.jpg[/attachment] Automotive parking light Car Sky Automotive tail & brake light Window
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Photograph

Attachments

#24 ·
What the maximum weight load can put on the roof?

Had also been looking for roof bars, although hoping wont need them with the DS with bigger boot than our Tiguan plus have the electric tow bar to put bike rack on.

Only 6-8 weeks till our DS is delivered.....

#25 ·
Max roof load is 75kg.
I fitted the CRUZ roof bars today which are discussed in this topic above and for their price they are really good but will only put them on when I need them - about 10 minutes work.
I think though that the bars are limited to something like 50 kg. You will have to check that.

Attachments

#26 ·
Just looked at the instructions. Max load on the bars is 75kg!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.