Discovery Sport Forum banner

loadspace cover - opening between rear seats and cover

8K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ik_jefke 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Did anyone found a way to cover the gap between the loadspace cover and the rear seats? There is a gap of at least 15 cm and you can see the content of the loadspace from the outside of the car...

Thanks,
Jef

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It think it's to provide room for the rear seats to be tilted back.

I had a Hyundai Tucson a few years back, with tilting rear seats. The cover had 2 sides, 1 to attach to the rear seat headrest, one to cover the load space.
Too bad LR didn't think of this.

#4 ·
As already said by Bangalore, you can recline the row 2 seats a little more so it meets the loadspace cover. Grab the handle and push both sides back slightly.

If you do that, however, you will notice even more rattles and noises coming from the back end than you do already. ;)

#5 ·
Woolmeister said:
As already said by Bangalore, you can recline the row 2 seats a little more so it meets the loadspace cover. Grab the handle and push both sides back slightly.

If you do that, however, you will notice even more rattles and noises coming from the back end than you do already. ;)
Correct but I certainly can't confirm that there are more rattles and noises in the reclined position. I have no such problems either when the the backrest is fully reclined or when in the more upright position as per your picture.

#6 ·
I note in the picture the rattle tape which is part of the rear load cover rattle fix.

I recline my seats a bit to cover most of the gap , but leave enough space for my windscreen sun sheild to slot in there into an open ended "tat" boot net to keep it in place.

#7 ·
When I owned a Ford Kuga they got massively worked up on the forums that you could see a10 cm gap when the seats were tilted- it was never a problem for me - although saying that, my 1999 Subaru Forester (great car btw) had a couple of clips on the blind that attached to the head restraints and filled in the gap quite nicely.

#8 ·
Interested to see a photo of a Carpathian D5, Natwest! :cool:

Just don't show me the back of it. ;)

#9 ·
Chippy said:
Woolmeister said:

Correct but I certainly can't confirm that there are more rattles and noises in the reclined position. I have no such problems either when the the backrest is fully reclined or when in the more upright position as per your picture.
Same here

#10 ·
Does anyone have a good solution to the original question? For example something that can expand for times when you slide the bench seat forwards for more boot space. Currently I just use a blanket for the gap.

#12 ·
I note in the picture the rattle tape which is part of the rear load cover rattle fix.
I just have my DS for 1 week now and didn't know this was a 'fix'. I just thought it was a place where you could stick velcro on ..... Seems there are a lot of fixes for the DS...

In my 10 year old Toyota Yaris which also has a sliding rear bench there is a piece of fabric attached to the rear cover and that you can attach to the back of the rear bench ...

I'll see if I can put something together, should not be that hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.