Front lower bumper trim

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
BB1

Front lower bumper trim

Post by BB1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi, I need to replace my silver lower bumper trim, I have the new part (FK72 17979 A) but I'm unsure about removal of the old part that's scuffed. I'm also thinking of one of the stainless steel under trays, so I guess it'd make sense to do both at the same time.
Can anyone help please?

Mamil

Re: Front lower bumper trim

Post by Mamil » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 pm

I've taken my front 'valence' off a few times to expose the tow point before going off road. You undo the two large mushroom head bolts with a coin or screwdriver, lever out the bottom edge that is held in by one tab, then yank the whole thing forwards to dislodge the clips at the top - takes a bit of force but I haven't broken any of them yet. Putting back is a reverse of this procedure but be careful to locate the clips at the top properly as they can go back in the wrong place and bend.

The stainless cover is personal preference, a bit too shiny bling for my tastes, but each to their own. If you've scratched up the plastic you can do the same with the stainless, they're both just cosmetic anyway. And you know the stainless cover just sticks onto the existing plastic valence, right? It doesn't replace it, just covers it, so you could stick a stainless cover over your scratched plastic one and save yourself the cost of a new plastic one.
SE TD4, MY 2016.5, 110kw/150bhp 2.2 PSA Engine, Fuji White/Ebony, Oz towbar, xenon pack. Delivered 25th June 2016, Perth Western Australia.

BB1

Re: Front lower bumper trim

Post by BB1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Thanks Mamil, I've just ordered the stainless trim today, but it's the surrounding part I need to replace. 👍🏻

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”