3rd row space with 1 seat up

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Matt321

3rd row space with 1 seat up

Post by Matt321 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:08 pm

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a Disco Sport, budget means it'll likely be around 2-3 years old.

90% of the time, the 3rd row seats will be down for a decent sized boot.

The other 10% of the time, I'll be carrying 6 (4 adults, 2 children) and a dog. Given there definitely is not room for a dog behind the 3rd row, especially a 35kg Labrador, I'm looking at the practicality of just having one of the 3rd row seats up. Ideally I'd like some sort of boot divider that means the dog doesn't end up on the lap of the child in the 3rd row.

Anyone able to share any general experience of practicality with 'half' the boot space (one 3rd row seat up) would be useful. Even better if anyone has the Travall boot divider on the DS and can confirm or deny if you can have one of the 3rd row seats up with the divider in place.

Thanks in advance!

BobbyBox

Re: 3rd row space with 1 seat up

Post by BobbyBox » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:34 pm

In theory the travall divider could work. Although you’d lose the main anchor point to the main dog guard (horizontal bit) so it would be held purely by the pressure pads top and bottom. The dog may push its way out anyway.

BB
Discovery Sport 2.0 HSE TD4 (180) MY16, Auto, Loire Blue, Almond Interior, Adaptive Xenons, Roof Rails, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps, Privacy Glass, Memory Pack, Travall Dog Guard, Removable Tow Bar, Qi Wireless Charging Mat. Built Oct 2015.

Matt321

Post by Matt321 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:14 pm

Many thanks BB, going to go and look at a few in the next week or so now the forecourts are open again..

ron

Post by ron » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:47 pm

Hi Matt321, I have a thirty five Kg dog which rides in the rear but i feel the dog would get stressed on just one half of the rear seat area.It wont have room to even turn around.It wouldn't be pleasant for the child either. Take your dog and try it out at the dealers.