Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Barnsh
Posts: 6311
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: South East
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by Barnsh » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:17 am

yans wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:07 pm
What music apps can one use with Apple Car Play??


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Amazon Music works well
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:


Barnsh
Posts: 6311
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: South East
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by Barnsh » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:21 am

Some findings with 18c and Car play

Well some interesting findings
Closed the “choice box” on plugging in the iPhone, this lets me control music on the phone by voice as before. As before though “bob the bloke in ICTP” as I now call him is sulking having been updated and appears to have to “learn “ my voice all over again .
So a few attempts at different artists ( changing album by voice every two minutes makes an interesting drive) and he’s back getting the hang of it.

I can then go in and select car play , the source used by ICTP for the iPhone through USB then dissapeared, only way to get that back is disconnect the phone. So Car Play abd ICTP Music abd Voice are exclusive it’s an either or not both.


I noticed 2 new quirks though.
1.
Playing an album through ICTP gives me a left and right panel in the ICTP display , the left being the one you can scroll up and down to wether news etc. The main showing the track playing , forwards , backwards, shuffle etc.
I stopped for petrol , when you move the gear selector to R for reverse , you get the 360 camera is the screen , that’s good. However when you then go forwards again it goes back to showing only the left hand pane for music selection. The right hand pane is now blank, light grey pattern!
Changing the source and back again gives you the right hand pane back again.
So if you’ve reversed your right hand music pane can dissapear.


2.
When I stopped for petrol, locked, then came out and restarted it didn’t pick up the iPhone , still connected to USB, as music source and started playing the radio. I changed source to iPhone and it started if playing where it left off correctly.
So it looks like it forgets source on switching off the engine and restarting after a fuel stop with the phone remaining connected.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:


User avatar
Badgerface
Posts: 1535
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Warwickshire
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by Badgerface » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:49 am

Interesting Barnsh.

I will slightly challenge point 2, as I use the Shell App on ICTP quite regularly for refuelling - when starting the engine again, the phone remains connected to the vehicle and displays a short summary of where/pump number/litres/cost etc, and the music carries on where it left off.

I'm thinking the only difference is that you locked your vehicle and I didn't, therefore everything remained connected despite the engine being off.

Next time I refuel, I'll try locking/unlocking the car and see if it has dropped the connection like yours does.
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone


User avatar
RPR
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:02 pm
Location: South East
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by RPR » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:30 am

I've noticed now it defaults to radio on engine start which is a little annoying but not the end of the World. Maybe a bug fix for 17D?
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Eco Button 8-)


Barnsh
Posts: 6311
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: South East
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by Barnsh » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:24 am

RPR wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:30 am
I've noticed now it defaults to radio on engine start which is a little annoying but not the end of the World. Maybe a bug fix for 17D?
Yep that’s what mine did , Radio , so had to re- select source to carry on where you left off.
Trivial , but worked before 18c.


Edit.
It seems to loose the fact your phone is connected to the usb. I say this as it doesn’t give you the choice box for car play , in control Apps on restart after locking.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:


Barnsh
Posts: 6311
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: South East
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by Barnsh » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:27 am

Badgerface wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:49 am
Interesting Barnsh.

I will slightly challenge point 2, as I use the Shell App on ICTP quite regularly for refuelling - when starting the engine again, the phone remains connected to the vehicle and displays a short summary of where/pump number/litres/cost etc, and the music carries on where it left off.

I'm thinking the only difference is that you locked your vehicle and I didn't, therefore everything remained connected despite the engine being off.

Next time I refuel, I'll try locking/unlocking the car and see if it has dropped the connection like yours does.
In Control Apps may stay connected ?? But yep try locking and reopening , which most folks would do at a petrol station if not using ICApps
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:


msflsim
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:33 pm
Location: London

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by msflsim » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Stealer is trying to charge me £250+VAT for the Phase 4 apple carplay software. How did other get around this?
MY17 HSE Luxury Loire Blue


Barnsh
Posts: 6311
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: South East
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by Barnsh » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:36 pm

msflsim wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:32 pm
Stealer is trying to charge me £250+VAT for the Phase 4 apple carplay software. How did other get around this?
To get it free you need to have some faults
So any or better all of the following should do.

Reverse camera is intermittent
Screen goes blank occasionally , once a week.
In control Apps keeps dropping out.
Phone drops out during calls

So you’ve not had a working system since you bought it. So think it’s unfare to charge to get a working system .
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:


msflsim
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:33 pm
Location: London

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by msflsim » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:49 pm

I have experienced the following:

Sound system crackling (radio, bluetooth)
The screen getting stuck at night mode during the day
Reverse camera doesn't turn on every time, it does first time but if I am doing multiple turns then it switches to the screen with sensors

Would that be enough?
Barnsh wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:36 pm
msflsim wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:32 pm
Stealer is trying to charge me £250+VAT for the Phase 4 apple carplay software. How did other get around this?
To get it free you need to have some faults
So any or better all of the following should do.

Reverse camera is intermittent
Screen goes blank occasionally , once a week.
In control Apps keeps dropping out.
Phone drops out during calls

So you’ve not had a working system since you bought it. So think it’s unfare to charge to get a working system .
MY17 HSE Luxury Loire Blue


roydonaldson
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:10 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

Post by roydonaldson » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:01 pm

These are the release notes for Phase 4 and then for the Phase 4 18C update. I'm sure you can find things in here to mention:

Phase4 Release Note.pdf
(381.59 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
ICTP-Phase-4-18C-Release-Notes.pdf
(279.14 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
2017 Discovery Pro, HSE, Nav Pro.


Post Reply

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”