Discovery Sport Forum banner

Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

180K views 542 replies 38 participants last post by  roydonaldson 
#1 ·
There looks to be another phase update for ICTP in the near future which includes a totally new layout .
It's a one way update with no going back to the old screens.

It's mentioned for Velar and FPace .
We know the new FPace for MY 19 will have this installed , so it looks like it will come out for the Landrover too as the Velar is down for this change also in MY19. (27 days time)

I thought I'd start a new thread as 17c is a bit long now and this is a new look screen and new version.

No Apple car play, but on Twitter CRC stated this is due out soon & developers are working on it.

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/electronics/44289-ictp-phase-4-18b-update.html

#2 ·
My friend took delivery of a new RRS a month ago and it came with that new interface on it out the factory.

I guess they're wanting to get all customers up to the latest interface and UI offering. I think the 3 options are better than the 4, I would only use 3 out of the 4 that are on the screen today.

#3 ·
I've seen this interface on a recent video review somewhere of a JLR vehicle.....I cannot for the life of me remember which one that it was. The sooner it comes, the better as far as I'm concerned.

#5 ·
Looks very boring. I hope the panels are populated with album art for Media and a map in the Nav panels for example.

Personally I think they need to fix the underlying issues before messing about with the interface !

#6 ·
simon said:
Looks very boring. I hope the panels are populated with album art for Media and a map in the Nav panels for example.

Personally I think they need to fix the underlying issues before messing about with the interface !
Totally agree. Mind you the artwork has separate issues.

#7 ·
My service manager just rang me to confirm 17c v3.005.9 was applied recently to my vehicle, and I did mention this to him. They only received the bulletin yesterday, and until the firmware on the SDD/Pathfinder is upgraded by JLR, they are unable to install it as yet. They estimate 2-3 weeks before they will be up and running with it.

bjm, I would be very keen to hear how you get on with your upgrade today, and your thoughts in general.

#8 ·
All back now and running 3_005_10. Much much faster and smoother.

Booked back in for 3 weeks time to get the centre console SIM and USB module replaced. They're on back order from JLR, so waiting on it coming back in.

About to download and put the latest map on it.

#10 ·
Looks like they didn't go for the latest on mine. Just released today:

Title ITCP_4_007_01_v2 - InControl Touch Pro Release Notes (SDD Phase 4 / PATHFINDER 170)
Global reference ITCP_4_007_01_v2
Navigation path Diagnostics General Diagnostic Release Notes
Publication date 20-Jun-2018 11:10:09

#11 ·
roydonaldson said:
Looks like they didn't go for the latest on mine. Just released today:

Title ITCP_4_007_01_v2 - InControl Touch Pro Release Notes (SDD Phase 4 / PATHFINDER 170)
Global reference ITCP_4_007_01_v2
Navigation path Diagnostics General Diagnostic Release Notes
Publication date 20-Jun-2018 11:10:09
Yep FPace owner getting his done today ,time estimate he was given is 10 hours.

#14 ·
roydonaldson said:
I would guess they're a few releases behind and need to step through a release or two to get there.

They really need to work on a single step, secure deployment that would encourage dealers to move all their customers up as they come in for service.
Ironically some are doing single step , others aren't . Mine was one step and no issues.
Very much dealer dependant .

#15 ·
As I understand it Barnsh, there is a certain path dealers have to follow with Pathfinder, and some don't adhere due to the cross-charging costs by JLR.

Subsequently, some can jump straight to Phase 4, and those that haven't paid their ransom can't until they have.

As an aside, I would LOVE to know just how much JLR make over the course of a financial year worldwide by forcing dealers to upgrade to each and every SDD update....it appears to be a right racket from what I can see!

#16 ·
According to my sources Phase 4 has been notified as coming soon but there is no actual update to download and apply - certainly for the D5 that is. Maybe its a phased model roll out or there are indeed specifics applicable to each JLR ICTP system depending on the model ? Also dual touch screen cars and single cars I think are on a different update path. Does the F-Pace have the touch screen duo that the Velar has ?

#17 ·
simon said:
According to my sources Phase 4 has been notified as coming soon but there is no actual update to download and apply - certainly for the D5 that is. Maybe its a phased model roll out or there are indeed specifics applicable to each JLR ICTP system depending on the model ? Also dual touch screen cars and single cars I think are on a different update path. Does the F-Pace have the touch screen duo that the Velar has ?
Velar and Fpace at dealers getting updated today , and yes it's the same update for all ICTP , there are just "bits" in the software that apply to specific vehicles , but it's the same phase , version etc .

No FPace has no dual screen ......yet. But same update path and versions

Does it not show on topix for the D5?

#18 ·
Nope.

"Jaguar Land Rover are preparing the latest InControl Touch Pro/ Duo infotainment software enhancements that are planned for release on Pathfinder 170 and Symptom Driven Diagnostics 153.05. All current Technical Service Bulletins JTB00552v6, LTB00593v3, LTB01009v9, LTB01108v3 will be updated and published on TOPIx".

Also says it's not applicable to dual screen systems.

#19 ·
OFF TOPIC:

Oh. Just noticed certain words are now being highlighted as links 'dual screen' and 'Land Rover'.

Looks like whoever Rob is using now for ads is also parsing post text and applying as links in the text !!

Product Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle

Attachments

#20 ·
ICTP Phase 4 is available to install for 18MY for Disco Sports, earlier models the software has not been released yet. Phase 4 takes on the layout of Pro Duo vehicles.

Phase 4 update had 14 pages of improvements.

Phase 4 now allows updates over the air providing a data sim is installed!

#21 ·
Q86ARR said:
ICTP Phase 4 is available to install for 18MY for Disco Sports, earlier models the software has not been released yet. Phase 4 takes on the layout of Pro Duo vehicles.

Phase 4 update had 14 pages of improvements.

Phase 4 now allows updates over the air providing a data sim is installed!
Can you post the TSB on this ?

#22 ·
Mines booked in to have this update from 3 to 4 in a couple of weeks when i get back from holiday. Dealer downloaded it yesterday, mentioned release note contains quite a bit, can anyone get the release note?

#23 ·
I think the addition of OTA updates is massive. If it is indeed true that you'll be able to update it yourself, then to me that alone is a good enough reason to get it don.e

Hopefully, it'll work over the Wifi connection as well, as you could then simply connect the car up to your home WiFi and update your car from the driveway.

Be good if anyone has the release notes on this one.

#24 ·
roydonaldson said:
I think the addition of OTA updates is massive. If it is indeed true that you'll be able to update it yourself, then to me that alone is a good enough reason to get it don.e

Hopefully, it'll work over the Wifi connection as well, as you could then simply connect the car up to your home WiFi and update your car from the driveway.

Be good if anyone has the release notes on this one.
Mmm, crock your car from the comfort of your own driveway.... Don't think I fancy that until it's well proven!

#25 ·
Now appeared for the D5 on TOPIx.

I for one would be very wary of OTA updates if this has been added to Phase 4 considering the amount of bricked ICTP systems there have been.

#26 ·
OTA is a good thing. My phone has had 2 major firmware releases since I bought it and I didn't need to go near a Samsung shop at all to get all the new functionality.

I can see me getting in the car and it telling me there is new software out and would I like to install it now. Or, not knowing and if eventually funding out, needing to wait a couple of weeks to book it into a dealer and then not have the car for the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.